• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark 5 windage turret swap

Entropicitis

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2020
    Oklahoma
    I've read some posts alluding to folks swapping the capped turret for a full size mark 8 turret. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of doing this?

I would suggest Leupold. My experience with their CS has been very good. I'm sure they will tell you if this can be easily done DIY, if it can be done by sending it and $$ to them for the swap, or if its just not possible or not advisable.

I would def take their word for it over what often passes for knowledge on the internet.

Cheers and best of luck.

Reactions: simonp
    I would suggest Leupold. My experience with their CS has been very good. I'm sure they will tell you if this can be easily done DIY, if it can be done by sending it and $$ to them for the swap, or if its just not possible or not advisable.

I would def take their word for it over what often passes for knowledge on the internet.

Cheers and best of luck.
    I tried. The guy I talked to yesterday was very confused by what I was asking.

I tried. The guy I talked to yesterday was very confused by what I was asking.
    Wow, really? Son of a gun....maybe ask for his supervisor next time?

That's surprising but that's CS in the new post-COVID new millennium.

I've read some posts alluding to folks swapping the capped turret for a full size mark 8 turret. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of doing this?

Yes, it's a thing. Just call them and tell them you want to purchase a mk8 windage turret. Don't bother trying to explain.

Just order it and swap it out.

Damn! I hate that they only offered the caped turret. I'm gonna get a mark 8 turret out of them!

Ocab-20231005-184615-2400.jpg

it's extremely nice. would have REALLY liked to see a locking turret like that mark 8 but it's significantly nicer than the one I made and solves a big problem for a lot of people.