• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 5HD 5-25x56 ring height?

GN2

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2018
Hey guys, currently deployed and trying to piece my first custom build together, and ideally Will have all the parts waiting for me when i get back stateside, i have about 85% of the build already sitting in a box at home!

so my question is what 35mm ring height (in inches) are you guys running With the Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56. I ask “in inches” because as we know a lot of companies have different actual heights when it comes to their own “low,med, etc”.

Heres my full set up for reference:
-Defiance Tenacity LONG ACTION w/ 20moa rail
-PROOF Sendero carbon (300PRC)
-Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 (CCH ret.)
-KRG Whiskey 3 (Folder)
-Triggertech Primary Trigger
-APA Gen 3 Little Bastard

Thanks in advance and please post any pics of similar builds, long action builds with a KRG W3 chassis or Defiance tenacity builds!

*obviously due to current location, im unable to measure anything, to determine ring height via the formula in the scope forum.

Last edited:
I am running the Vortex precision medium 1” rings

Archimedes Short action 20 moa rail

Last edited:
Reactions: GN2
Hey guys, currently deployed and trying to piece my first custom build together, and ideally Will have all the parts waiting for me when i get back stateside, i have about 85% of the build already sitting in a box at home!

so my question is what 35mm ring height (in inches) are you guys running With the Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56. I ask “in inches” because as we know a lot of companies have different actual heights when it comes to their own “low,med, etc”.

Heres my full set up for reference:
-Defiance Tenacity LONG ACTION w/ 20moa rail
-PROOF Sendero carbon (300PRC)
-Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 (CCH ret.)
-KRG Whiskey 3 (Folder)
-Triggertech Primary Trigger
-APA Gen 3 Little Bastard

Thanks in advance and please post any pics of similar builds, long action builds with a KRG W3 chassis or Defiance tenacity builds!

*obviously due to current location, im unable to measure anything, to determine ring height via the formula in the scope forum.
What height did you end up going with?

1.125 will give adequate clearance between barrel for covers. If you're puttin in a chassis that has a mirage shield and plan to run covers, you'll need something taller. I have a 1.125 unmount and it clears barrel/mirage shield fine, but when I go to install the tennabreax caps, the won't fit.
Appreciate that. I want to run the Hawkins with the level, and the options are 1" or 1.25". It's only .125" more, but the rifle won't have an adjustable comb. Trying to get it right!

Appreciate that. I want to run the Hawkins with the level, and the options are 1" or 1.25". It's only .125" more, but the rifle won't have an adjustable comb. Trying to get it right!

Get the Hawkins heavy duty tac - 1.15" - CS tactical has them in stock fyi

Reactions: freezerbyrne