• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 5HD vs. Nightforce ATACR 7-35

At 18x it is correct. I personally like sfp becuase I dont shoot competition and dont need to measure with the reticle. This scope is awsome though, I would highly recommend it. Time will tell with how durable it is. I'm going to put these turrets to the test but so far this is one bad mf'er!
Thanks for the info. I understand the pros and cons of sfp and ffp. I use both. Enjoy the scope.

Just got my mk5hd 7-35x56 sfp in a few days ago. Zeroed it in at 100 today. Wow this thing is amazing! I'd really like to do a side by side comparison with the atacr 7-35x56.
I did a side by side. While the glass itself was pretty close, I prefer the Mil XT over the CCH reticle and the turrets on the NF were much more tactile. I’m really glad I chose the NF.

Reactions: Stoweit
I did a side by side. While the glass itself was pretty close, I prefer the Mil XT over the CCH reticle and the turrets on the NF were much more tactile. I’m really glad I chose the NF.

Thank you for the info. I still may buy the nf later on and keep this mk5 on my rpr, nothing wrong with having both ?. I'm happy with the mk5 so far, no complaints with the glass so far its badass, I do wish the clicks were a little "stiffer" and more "course" but overall I'm very happy.

Thank you for the info. I still may buy the nf later on and keep this mk5 on my rpr, nothing wrong with having both ?. I'm happy with the mk5 so far, no complaints with the glass so far its badass, I do wish the clicks were a little "stiffer" and more "course" but overall I'm very happy.
What reticle did you get?

I have an AtacR 7-35x56 a Mark 5 HD 7-35x56 and a Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56. I purchased the 3 all within the last month and I'm keeping all 3. As for the quality of the glass I can not tell the difference and I honestly can't pick a winner taking everything else into consideration. You should be very happy with anyone of the 3. I payed $3250.00 for the NightForce and $1550. each for the other 2. Is the NightForce worth twice the price? No.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rog2069 and 47guy
I have an AtacR 7-35x56 a Mark 5 HD 7-35x56 and a Razor Gen2 4.5-27x56. I purchased the 3 all within the last month and I'm keeping all 3. As for the quality of the glass I can not tell the difference and I honestly can't pick a winner taking everything else into consideration. You should be very happy with anyone of the 3. I payed $3250.00 for the NightForce and $1550. each for the other 2. Is the NightForce worth twice the price? No.
I second this a lot of shooters are willing to pay extra for the reliability and brand name but hey, just because I woulnt pay 3K for a NF doesnt mean they arent worth that much because obviously a lot of people like them and are willing to pay that price.

BTW if you paid $1,550 for a MK 5 7-35
You got it for a steal!

Man I'm glad to hear that. I just bought my mk5hd 7-35x56 sfp and love it. However, after everything I keep reading about NF I'm still wanting to get a nightforce as well. I'm just glad to hear from someone else that there isnt much difference. As good as this mk5 I've been asking myself how could the atacr be THAT much better if even any.

is the NF twice the scope at close to double the price? no. and no one would say it is or is supposed to be. the further you get into these extremes the more it costs for small upgrades. ZCO, TT etc

Reactions: Mattv931