• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 6 vs Mark 8 Battle rifle optic

You are using the term battle rifle, so to me this means a M14, Ar10/308 and so on.

I think 3 power is too much for close in shooting. I would pick the first choice. But I can't see using a 308 as a close in weapon system.

Number 3... Mark 6 1-6.

It is light, low-profile, and though I personally wouldn't notice it for any rifle, but especially a battle rifle the 2x difference is negligble. I believe it is best to stick with simplicity and low-profile, especially for fighting rifles.

I have the mk8 1.1-8x cqbss and really like it for a similar role. I have also used a friend's mk6 1-6x and really liked it as well.
Just my .02

Thanks for the reply guys. I gotta say I do like the price point a lot better with the mark 6. Which reticle. I have heard that the CMR is not the way to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

For those of you who have the cqbss which reticle do you have? And which do you prefer?
...and where the hell can I get a fair price on one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a CQBSS (M-TMR reticle) on my MK12 and just picked up a 1-6x Mark 6 (CMR-W) for my 16" .308. Different scopes for different applications. When not target shooting, the MK12 is a varmint shooter and the .308 is a mountain rifle. What rifle are you putting this on (barrel length, etc) and what are you intending on doing with it? For me a lightweight carbine gets a lightweight scope and a longer rifle gets more glass for it to reach out farther.

Horus in the Cqbss, CMRw in my 1-6s. I have no use for a TMR in this type of scope. No need to dial. I never needed to dial an ACOG or an Eotec either. The CMR is a great ballistic reticle, it's fast and relatively accurate. After you shoot it you figure out exactly where your rounds go and train to use it. You can dial for a deliberate target. The 7.62 ret matches Mk262 well.