• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mark II TR vs. CZ 452 Varmint

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
I'm looking for a rifle to use as a trainer and have narrowed it down to these two. I don't have a chance to handle either of them in a store so I was wondering what your opinions were on them? Accuracy is probably my most important criteria between these two since I've considered everything else to narrow it down to them.

I would consider stepping up the the 453 varmint if I felt it was worth it.

Re: Mark II TR vs. CZ 452 Varmint

Both are excellent trainers. No reason to compare the two since your personal preference should be the deciding factor here. I absolutely love both but prefer Savage. Accuracy-wise, it's all there for both, not even debatable.

There has already been a lot of discussion on this topic in the rimfire threads. I am in a position to see a great deal of equipment compete every month in one of the toughest rimfire competitions I have ever seen, don't take my word for that there are plenty of unbiased opinion on this competition. As a general rule the Savages rarely break above mid-pack while the CZ variants are usually represented in the top 10 sometimes higher. Even the lowly CZ Scout has made an impressive showing again often edging out the Savage. The TR is the most common at our match and the CZ452V represents most of the CZ variants. Some are bone stock and some have had various upgrades in both guns. You can read the match reports here and make your own determination:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2390014&page=1

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2596157#Post2596157

Ultimately it will come down to your personal preference. I have yet to see the Savage that will consistently outshoot the CZ in these matches and again, these matches are the ultimate litmus test for any rimfire. Any shooter can have a bad day and vice versa. Day in day out in these matches the CZ is the clear winner among the two. It is obvious that if you want the end all be all in accuracy as far as these matches are concerned then you need an Anschutz. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for a rifle to use as a trainer and have narrowed it down to these two. I don't have a chance to handle either of them in a store so I was wondering what your opinions were on them? Accuracy is probably my most important criteria between these two since I've considered everything else to narrow it down to them.

I would consider stepping up the the 453 varmint if I felt it was worth it. </div></div> +1 on the CZ 453 Varmint. I have one and love it. Nothing wrong with the Savage but the CZ is better looking and shoots real good. 453 Has the set trigger and the others mentioned do not. Don't think you will regret buying the CZ.

I've got the Savage TR, really like over 400 (bulk Rem.) rounds down and no problems. The action is just starting to smooth out.