• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Mark IV Rings Height

cladd

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
I have a question on ring height for an FN SPR A1 rifle. I am wanting to mount a Sightron 8x32 scope with a 56mm objective head (I believe 2.56 inch in diameter) and use Leupold Mark IV high rings - my question is will it clear the barrel? I checked Leupold website and they state Mark IV high rings measure 1.06. I'm not certain of the math involved to determine fit?

Thanks

Re: Mark IV Rings Height

Are using at least a 20moa base? First you need to determine what base you will use. Using a pair of digital calipers you need to measure your Bell diameter or you can sometimes find this info from the MFG. If I was you I would get the Seekins rings over the MK4...youll be a much happier camper and they are little cheaper. You need to find out what the measurment from the base of the recoil lug to the middle of the ring is and add that measurement to your base measurement to determine clearance of your objective. Go to Tps Precision Products web page and there they give you a better visual on different measurements for rings. It will help you understand how to measure.

Hebrews,

High rings are too high for the SPR. I have a NF NXS 50mm objective, and use Badger mediums. Rail to center, they measure 0.885". WIth this, I still have 1/4" of clearance. A 56mm would fit perfectly, as 3 mm is only 0.118". Go with mediums and get that bell down nice and low to the barrel. Btw, on my Rem 700, I use the same rings with a 56mm objective, and get almost the same clearance (different base of course). Here is a pic of my SPR A1a. Note the clearance:

DSCN0250.jpg

Btw, in case you were wondering, the base is 20 MOA and the mfr is Near Mfg, located in Canada.