• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS, 8 - 9 SEPT RANGE 4, QUANTICO

eodcam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Panama City
Well now that your barrels are hot and fouled from Perry, it's time to show your stuff at the famous (or infamous) Range 4 at Quantico, VA! Think you're ready, well there's always a catch. Not only are the CMP legal Vintage Sniper Rifles authorized but we're adding Vietnam Era Rifles as well! So dust off your spec M70's, M40's and M21's because you can shoot too! Make sure you bring plenty of Ammo because we're going to put more rounds down range than usual. 20 rounds at 300 then 20 at 600 the next day will be 20 at 600 and a Team event.
This is the match we've been building our rifles for, don't miss out!
More details will be coming out later next week, our coordinators have to get back from Perry.

Re: MARK YOUR CALENDARS, 8 - 9 SEPT RANGE 4, QUANTICO

We'll be there.
ScottsPictures1923.jpg

Sweet, I'll balance out that line with an M70!

New News! Looks Like Pricing is going to be 10.00 per day for non members, 5.00 per day for a QSC member and Wounded Warriors shoot for Free!
We have come up with another Twist, looks like we're going to have 3 catagories to shoot in. Korea and earlier sniper rifles, Vietnam era and the M40A1, M40A3 and M40A5 Catagory! It going to be a great weekend of shooting, the best part is, if we can make this type of match a regular occurance, you can justify your builds to you significant others! Its for competing not just hanging on a wall. Oh you never know who's going to show up!

What about the other types of "sniper" rifles?

Mosins, Enfields, Dragunovs, or is this a one-sided battle shoot? Not trying to be a prick but it would be interesting to see a match of rifles used by both sides. This might not be the time or date but it would be interesting to see what some folks can do.

That's the whole purpose behind the match! Any of the CMP legal vintage foreign sniper rifles plus any of the foreign sniper rifles used in Vietnam.

7.62X54R at Quantico?

How close to spec do they have to be? Im hoping to eventually put together a M40 clone. What are the big non negotiable must haves and what are non negotiables? I tried looking in the rule book but didn't give anything about the M40 that I could see. It would be neat to get back down that way and visit friends and family and shoot at Quantico again.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, It won't be in the rulebook because it isn't a CMP legal gun.The M40 will have to have a redfield 3x9 of the correct era on redfield Jr type rings and mount, it doesnt have to be an accurange. Wood stocked. It will shoot against the other Vietnam Era Sniper rifles.

Awesome, I still need to make sure my 70 is still on.

Great pics. Wish I could of been there shooting my M40. Keep the pics coming from this weekend.

I had a great time today, I'm sure tomorrow will be the same. Hopefully we can make this a reoccurring event!

Dang, but that do look purty...!

Awesome Match! Lots of history on the line today!

We will start this with one of my personal favorites!!
2cyk08z.jpg

k4wnxx.jpg

Then we get into the Vietnam M40s, which we had an alumni and Scout Sniper Assoc member shooting one, complete with green scope!
tl34.jpg

igwzft.jpg

Some super nice vintage rifles, but there are even more!!
167kww5.jpg

Nice! Is that the last built M40A1 from the Marine Corps Museum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will start this with one of my personal favorites!!
2cyk08z.jpg

k4wnxx.jpg

</div></div>

Then we get into the really old guns!! Had a great time today! Looking forward to the next match!! If you have questions about particular guns pictured, the only ones I can comment on are the M40s, don't know much about any thing else?
350sacn.jpg

2nq62pw.jpg

m7aknn.jpg

2ueqxyd.jpg

23vdba8.jpg

oa6mc3.jpg

This match was my first - and I really enjoyed it. Professionally run; great folks and I learned a lot. Two of us competed as a team shooting Mosin Nagant PU sniper rifles. I made some rookie mistakes on day 2 that hurt our score - but I was please overall with my first time out.

I look forward to competing - and improving!

As the "great unwashed" of the sniper competition, I actually managed to slip into one of the pictures firing my M91/30 PU sniper.
wink.gif

Here are a few other pics of my shooting partner when he was on the 600 yard line on Day 1. My son is the spotter/score keeper.

403897623.jpg

403897628.jpg

And here is Skip and me - two old retired Army colonels enjoying the competition.

403897615.jpg

This Match was TONS of fun, got to meet some great guys and see alot of very Rare guns. And to top it off the food on saturday was GREAT!!!
2012-09-08_08-51-06_75.jpg

What an Incredible experience this last weekend was....So humbled to had been able to shoot amongst some of these incredible warriors from wars past. Cant wait till next year!!!!

Thanks for the invite brother. Great time!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then we get into the really old guns!! Had a great time today! Looking forward to the next match!! If you have questions about particular guns pictured, the only ones I can comment on are the M40s, don't know much about any thing else?

23vdba8.jpg

</div></div>

Makes me want to get on a plane and join the fun!

Really nice looking rifles and sounds like a great event.

We're looking at march for the Next one. If you happen to be around, I'm sure there would be a loaner rifle availiable!

That looks like it was a great time. It really makes me think about adding a vintage "sniper" rifle to the collection. I have a 1903A1 in the gun safe collecting dust, hhhmmm....

As soon as there are any dates set in stone, I would really appreciate an update so I can possibly start plannin a trip here.

Very cool pics and looked like lots of fun.

Regards,
DT

hogstooth, is the simrad cap on your m40a1 rifle a 1 inch or a 30mm with a spacer??? either way, that is a beautiful rifle!!!!!! thanks from andy

What is the miminum number of rounds needed to shoot this match? Are the 168's in the 308 enough for shooting out to 600?

Would love to go to this. If not to compete, just to meet and learn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarFyter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the miminum number of rounds needed to shoot this match? Are the 168's in the 308 enough for shooting out to 600? </div></div>

120 Rounds for Both Days Will be fine, plus there'll probably be ammo if you run short. 168's will be fine. We might do 800 yd relay, if there's enough interest.