• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Marksmen issued better M14 rifles in Afghanistan

Re: Marksmen issued better rifles in Afghanistan

Hmmm... so H20 Man is the only one guilty of replying to people separately in this thread? I do believe others have done the same.

And if I do recall he also did create this thread so why would he not post in it?

Also, since this is a free country and forum (I use the term loosely of course) does anyone at all have to read it / post in it? I would conclude therefore that those interested in what is being said could stay, and the others could just not care and go. I believe that would solve the problem in its entirety don't you think? Instead we come to the point of bickering, accusations, and being downright unfriendly to one another.

I saw a glimmer of hope from this thread when I thought people had put all of that aside and started talking about the topic again, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe it should be locked, since nobody knows how to play nice.

Read the rules 34 post hero... and while this is a free country, THIS is a privately owned website with rules regarding the advertising of products.

How about I lock it, ban you, H20man and then I can start a thread dedicated to the M14/EBR.

Nobody is going to the lengths H20man has to promote a single product and he has been warned about it before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ElCoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When raining the open bolt makes an exelent high speed water launcher directly into your eye. We didn't have kool tactical glasses in 1968. </div></div>

You should have had a breech cover in 1968... they are still available and they do work.</div></div>
H20,
That right there, tells me all I need to know about your field exper. with a M14 from that time period. I don't know alot about a M14 but went many places from 1965 to the 90's where 14's were issued. No one I know ever used a breach shield, with live ammo. </div></div>

I started using one right after I got my SEI/Fisher sound suppressor... It does and excellent job of deflecting blow back away from the shooters face. It works on my M14s set up for just irons sight (no optic over the bolt) as well as those with the LaRue LT608 optic rail. </div></div>

Yes, it works on a square range, but on a combat weapon it will get you killed. Those that have ran Real Deals know how to over come "Can Spam" as it was called back then, because all those old cans had wipes. Todays cans with todays mounts an cheek pieces handle that old problem well. Even if you get/make a cluster fuck of a system in the field, anyone smart enough to be allowed or issue a glassed 14 knows how to over come what little gets between the mount and receiver even if, he's looking naked.

As for your stock upgrades all they add is weight and Tactical-coolness to me. I never had an issue with a 14 getting the job done back then,... we made our own mods with what we had to fit our wants. When your searching for a stop gap weapon, money and common sense are right out the window with Stars an Suits. Easy to B/S the B/S'ers about a weapons ability, hard to do, with those who's lives an this country's will, depended upon.
FWIW and as always YMMV

Now if they have a update for the selector, or mag change I'm all ears.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yes, it works on a square range, but on a combat weapon it will get you killed. </div></div>

I'll take your word for it.

Thanks.

Doc, its like this.

Man asks a question "What is the weather like" H2O responds EBR is best weapon system ever. It will save the free world.

Another question. "How do I get to Texas" Response from H2 EBR is best weapon system ever. It will save the free world.

No matter the question the same response is given over and over again.

Its not the message its like playing the same song over and over and over again. You eventually want to break the record.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc, its like this.

Man asks a question "What is the weather like" H2O responds EBR is best weapon system ever. It will save the free world.

Another question. "How do I get to Texas" Response from H2 EBR is best weapon system ever. It will save the free world.

No matter the question the same response is given over and over again.

Its not the message its like playing the same song over and over and over again. You eventually want to break the record. </div></div>

Tactical, provide one example of my calling the EBR the best system ever.

H2O in the real world we recognize the totality of your statements and take Judicial Notice of that being your position.

In short please dont insult us with claims of being not guilty of that.

Man if I had a vested interest in the EBR I would pay you not to go on the net. Bad car salesman killing a good car.

The system is good it sells itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> its like playing the same song over and over and over again. You eventually want to break the record. </div></div>

Unless it's select, old John Prine tune's.
laugh.gif

We recognize your inability to back up your accusations. Tactical, you and others have insulted the rest of us by fabricating lies about me.

H2O I will be at the Shot Show. Would love to meet and discuss this further.

The owner of this site, who is no fan of EBR, told you you sounded like a broken record.

I who like M14s say the same thing and you call it lies?

I May be an AH but not a liar.

WTF is "We" I was talking to H2O, who claimed to be all on his own here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif
</div></div>

ROFL I wonder how many people here know who that is...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We recognize your inability to back up your accusations. Tactical, you and others have insulted the rest of us by fabricating lies about me. </div></div>

First is who, are the "WE" you speak of?
Second, Mike is but a select few on here, I and many others take to heart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif
</div></div>

ROFL I wonder how many people here know who that is... </div></div>

Speed of the Sound of Lonely-ness is right up there for me,...

Sam Stone breaks my heart to this day, as I like others, know/knew those types as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H2O in the real world <span style="text-decoration: underline">we</span> recognize

In short please dont insult <span style="text-decoration: underline">us</span> with </div></div>

Are you speaking of your multiple personalities here?

damn this thread has gone down the toilet and come out the other end.

H2O, just one personality here and not very pleasant when it comes to hard sell dudes. Honestly not very pleasant at best of times.

You going to be at Shot? Would love to meet you.

Battle, back to FOB at the DFAC. Partner and I came in and you should have heard the rash of shit he got for wearing his Oakleys around his neck on croakeys ( something about disgracing US Army Uniform, but I did not really listen to the shit), from a kid with zits on his face. Partner had been in box for two years I feared he would kill the kid so I just nicely reached over and put his Oakleys on his face and we walked off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We recognize your inability to back up your accusations. Tactical, you and others have insulted the rest of us by fabricating lies about me. </div></div>

This is getting retarded- If anyone doubt's his intentions, click on his name, go down to "view posts" and have a look. Better than 95% of his posts are to Garand, M1A, M14 and EBR threads. It is nauseating.

Let me try my hand at fortune telling.... H20 will be in ban status before the end of the month.

Lets see if I get that right- might end up with a new career path.

Oh and blatantly arguing with LL= bad idea if you actually want to continue being a member.

Actually, thinking about it more- I predict this thread will be locked too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H2O, just one personality here and not very pleasant when it comes to hard sell dudes. Honestly not very pleasant at best of times.

You going to be at Shot? Would love to meet you.

Battle, back to FOB at the DFAC. Partner and I came in and you should have heard the rash of shit he got for wearing his Oakleys around his neck on croakeys ( something about disgracing US Army Uniform, but I did not really listen to the shit), from a kid with zits on his face. Partner had been in box for two years I feared he would kill the kid so I just nicely reached over and put his Oakleys on his face and we walked off. </div></div>

I had some ass-hat O-3 come up and bitch about my long nasty hair after having been out for about four 8 day rotations with 24hr refit periods between. Told him I was too busy working to play FOB games and walked off with him 100% disgusted and bitching something about me still being in the army.

The army does not know when to adjust focus- there is a time and place for looking neat, clean and professional.... it's called duty station garrison.

Where are the recommendations to Mil to adopt the LMT MWS / SR25 EMC as a DMR platform like the Brits. Less retraining as guys are already familiar with the M4/M16 series of weapons.

DP425, I predict H2O will call you a liar from the safety of his pourch also. LOL

KRM375, you just threw the grenade didn't you. LOL

after reading this thread for about my whole deployment yep, is it the straw that breaks the camels back who knows.