• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marlin project with bolt knob

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
I bought this thing a while ago on the cheap and finally got it finished up. I've moved the front sight back and threaded the barrel 1/2-28 for accessories. The stock is obviously refinished. I added a big knob just because I could and Duracoated the whole thing OD green. It shoots decent, but nothing to brag about. 1-1.5" at 50 yards is about it, but I haven't really tried anything special in it.

Marlin001.jpg

Marlin004.jpg

Marlin003.jpg

Marlin005.jpg

Re: Marlin project

That looks awesome. I have a model 81ts that I want to do some work to. Is your rifle a single shot or did you convert it to one. Mine is a tube fed and I haven't found a whole lot for these rifles. By the way what year/model is your rifle?

Mine is a model 25. It's mag fed with the 7 round magazine. No clue on age as I bought it well-used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobbie333actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where did you get that knob </div></div>

I made it. About a year ago I decided to buy a lathe and just recently a small mill, so I can do some of my own work. It's a pretty fun hobby.

Re: Marlin project with bolt knob

This gave me an excuse to put these up. It shot OK before, I just did a bunch of stuff to it like bedding, float the barrel and trigger work. The wife wanted it blue. Its the only rifle I have that she will shoot. I did a JB weld bedding job and I am suprised it turned out this well. Now I just need to see if it did any good.
SDC11399.jpg

SDC11398.jpg

SDC11405.jpg

SDC11406.jpg

Re: Marlin project with bolt knob

I got my 25 brand new in the box 35 years ago. Just thought I would share that info to give you an idea of the age of yours.