• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Marlin Rimfire project

cncpete

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
This is my custom Marlin 2000L I finished getting together not too long ago. Fun little toy, gets a lot of looks at the range. Damn accurate too. I would say right up there with Anschutz. I put 'em through the same hole at 50yds (when I do my part at least). Lemme know what you guys think.

Re: Marlin Rimfire project

Nice. I just picked one of those up with the laminated stock at a gun show 6 weeks ago. What ammo is working so well for you?

These are really cool little rifles and all the ones I've seen have been great shooters. One of the guys I shoot a 'fun' silly wet match with runs one and it's VERY capable.

They came out when I was shooting smallbore as a kid. I never was too crazy about the blue stock but have been fighting the urge to buy one and start painting...

Oh yeah, cncpete, you need to post a range report.

Thanks Guys!

Let's just say I have some "factory connections" and this was put together "as new" when I built it. A little extra care was put into finishing/assembling the action. The stock was never actually in production, it's a 'glass / Kevlar layup like the blue ones but has the adjustable cheek piece and logo. Paint job was tedious and is all duracoat, flat tactical colors. I bedded the action with Devcon. Modified it to accept magazines (instead of single shot) and then mounted up a cheap BSA scope. At some point I will upgrade the scope, I found there are some companies actually making 1913 rails for this action now, so i will have a lot more options. Maybe a Falcon 4-14 might look/perform nice on it.

I tried a few different ammos, but have gotten the best results with Wolf Extra Match.

I'll have to get my girlfriend to provide a range report, she is much better with it than me lol.

Cheers!
-Pete

That is one slick gun. If you have "factory connections," pass the word that at least one customer (myself) would LOVE to have one done up like this (maybe in black, OD green or camo??). This looks like an awesome tactical trainer alternative compared to other options. I bet Marlin could sell a lot, especially in a repeater style. You did an awesome job! Congratulations.

Mark

Nicely done. I had this rifle with the blue synthetic stock and it was one of the most accurate 22's I've ever owned.

I have one in the Blue stock. It is a great shooter and has the mag feed and the adapter for the single shot also. where did you find a rail scope base for this rifle?