• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marlin XT-22YR = Fun

Genin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2004
Williamsport, Pa
I got this little bugger to teach my little ones how to shoot and decided to go and zero it out. I mounted a 4x scope on it and went about my business. I almost forgot how much affect the wind has on 22lr rounds. It was gusty at times which made it fun. I also was able to shoot a 9x9" piece of steel at 200 yards after I figured out my hold over. It was very fun and I look forward to blasting a crap load of ammo through this bad boy. I haven't focused on rimfire in a long time. Man they are fun!

IMG_20120323_1112191.jpg

the rifle
IMG_20120330_114708.jpg

100yard hold over confirmed
IMG_20120329_143428.jpg

50 yard zero

Re: Marlin XT-22YR = Fun

I just shot a friend's XT-VR (the bull barreled model), and it was damn fun to shoot. Hit my first ground squirrel with it. Nice little rifle for 180.00!

How far was the shoton the ground hog? I agree it is a great deal for the price.

looks like a mighty fine rifle, i love my XT-VR but i need to find a place to better stretch its legs out to longer ranges.

Thanks LongHogger. I am able to go to 300 yards at my local range so I am going to continue and stretch the capabilities of this little gun. I was content with the solid 200 yard hits last outing. I'll try 300 next time. Should be fun. Wind really messes with these little rounds.