• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

marlin xt22

Re: marlin xt22

First pic shows the step I mentioned.

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2464-1.jpg

Second pic shows how it sits on that step. Hard to see in the pic but you can see the gap left between the lug and the rest of the lug pocket.

IMG_2465.jpg

The bolt not rotating all the way keeps the striker from lining up with the deep part of the cocking notch.

IMG_2467.jpg

thanks for the picture and the update on the condition on the areas of concern.

my older 882 .22 mag has that same step. that one is probably 6-7 years old, looks like the square section where the bolt handle connects has a little bevel too it that rides that step.

i don't know if it's some sort of idea to help cycle the bolt after firing or something, but it looks as they've had that for awhile.

can't wait for a range report are you doing 50 and 100 yards?

I wasn't able to get out on Wednesday, the whole family was down with the flu. I did however order a permanent scope for the rifle and will be getting the rest of the parts (rings, trigger guard) when it arrives and also the Boyd stock. The rifle will make some transitions before it is complete but that wont stop me from shooting it through all of it's phases. I'll be shooting at 100+ pretty much exclusively with this rifle. After work on Tuesday I ran out to get my game camera and swung by my dads range to put some rounds through. With the flu shits, flu shakes, and dwindling sun light, I have no real accuracy reports on the rifle. One group was 1.5", the other 4 groups were terrible (2-3"). I shot for maybe 12 minutes total. I'll get some real shooting in next Wednesday if everything goes according to plan.

A little off topic but how did you mount that bipod in the first picture and what bipod is that? Having a hard time fiquring out how to mount one to just the sling moldings in the plastic. Thanks

well i was going to try to get a 40x build going but a surprise bill has axed that idea.

any range reports / group pictures (particularly 100+ yards) on these yet from anyone?

i'm itching to get a VR, i think i settled on a scope, rings, a DIP base and cheekpiece, now i just need the rifle.

Top Predator, i know i am new but today im picking up my XT-22VR, and most likely heading to my camp Monday (next day off) so i will most likely, weather depending, have a range report for you to make your base off of. Possibly one day if ever given the chance before you own one, seeing that im not too far. id even let ya try it out. haha.

Mike.