• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mason dixon series finals registration open

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Registration for the series finals is open. Here is the way the series final works:

Scoring wise, the series final is just another series match, except that it is made up only of the best shooters across the series. The series final has the same weight as any other series match in determining the overall series winner. The series final follows the same rules as the other matches, except that a shooter cannot win the series who does not shoot in the finals. So for example, just like all of the others, if it is not one of your best three percentage scores across two clubs, it will not be counted.

Following the conclusion of the finals match, the scores for the finals match will be tabulated and exposed to the shooters for a 5 minute dispute period. If there are no disputes as to the scores, they will be declared final. Following that, there will be no changes made, and those scores will be used to determine the overall series champion. Once the series scores are computed, there will be another 5 minute dispute period, and then we will proceed with our awards ceremony.

If you are a top 25 series finisher as listed here:

1 - Corey Funk
2 - Jeremy Jones
3 - Matt Gervais
4 - Shawn Burkholder
5 - Matt Grizzard
6 - Rob Koch
7 - Denver Metcalf
8 - Karl Tabb
9 - Bob Duprey
10 - Steve Bechtel
11 - Josh Kunz
12 - Steve Mack
13 - Greg Banta
14 - Matt Radolec
15 - Sean Mays
16 - Tod Hammons
17 - Paul Bonargo
18 - Todd Strasavich
19 - Mike Pohuski
20 - Chad Beitler
21 - James Bailey
22 - Shawn O'Connell
23 - Bob Kelly
24 - Scott Victor
25 - Josh Resslar

You have until Saturday evening at 6pm to register, and indicate that you are shooting. After that, you will be treated like a first-come-first-served alternate.

If you are NOT in the top 25, you can still register as an alternate right now. Just select the appropriate choice when asked about that, and indicate a ZERO on the finish order question. If you screw this up, I will bump you to the back of the line.

Note - there are no automatic email responses sent to you when you register.

Once we have a full roster, I will publish the final list of shooters here, and will email all concerned.

Fill out all questions with accurate information. ESPECIALLY the email address.

If your email address is incorrect, you will not receive notification that you are shooting or not. You will potentially show up and have to be turned away. This will be very sad, but completely your own fault.

Match fee will be the standard series $40.00.

Prizes will be available! I'm sure you are going to like them.

Further information about round count, recommended/required equipment will follow. Course of Fire development is underway.

--Fargo007

Last edited:
signed up as an alternate was a great series and hope to shoot in the final match.

Freddy-
Match is on my wedding anniversary (interestingly, it is also Tom Pohuski Jr's...) Anyway, I'm looking for space to maneuver around this detail and had the following idea - would it be OK if I came up and shot until about 1300 and then busted out even if the match isn't completed? I don't care about where I finish or any of those details, but would just like the opportunity to come up and compete for a few hours. I will pay the full match fee of course. If this is not OK, I understand and will let someone else have my spot. Please advise either way. Thanks.
-James

aaaaaaand.... It's full.

Those tentatively shooting in the MDSS finals are posted below.

I will do what I can to make this a memorable one guys.

--Fargo007

Gregory Banta
Matthew Radolec
Matt Gervais
Todd Strasavich
karl tabb
Steve Mack
Joshua Resslar
Jeremy Jones
Robert Koch
Paul Bonargo
Richard Peabody
Tom Walsh
Corey Funk
patrick curran
Robert Duprey
Tod Hammons
Steve Bechtel
Denver Metcalf
Joshua Kunz
James Bailey
Sean Mays
Scott Victor
Chad Beitler
O'Connell Shawn
Chris Jepson
Freddy Wissing (MD, non-competitive)

The course of fire is done. There are two important things about it:

1 - I know what it is.

2 - You don't.

hahaha... But seriously. I liked the aspect of realism that Shrek introduced with a couple of his stages as guest MD. Digging into my own toolbox of the past, I've come up with something as well.

I'm going to give back a little. Here's a glimpse inside the CoF for the finals.

No shooter will be expected to run so much as one step during their firing of any stage.

There are no physical exercises included in the CoF. Not one push up, rope climb, cinderblock or log to deal with.

But remember, as much as I give, I will also take.

Some of the things Shrek did sent me on a little trip down memory lane, so I have a different little game we're going to play. It might be familiar to a few of you, but most of you will not like it.

--Fargo007

I will bring plenty of Elmo band aids and lollipops for all.

No fire prior to 1000hr @ NHRPC on Sundays, be there READY TO GO at 0900 as there's always a potential for non-firing stages (recall that Shrek had us milling targets at 0930) prior to 1000hr

An email with reporting instructions, conduct rules and other important information has been sent out.

If you are not in receipt of it, check your spam filter or email configuration. If you still don't have it, you need to contact me via email.

--Fargo007

Since the roster is already full, shooter numbers are assigned as of now.

I put the three non-qual fill ins first, and the remainder are listed in the order that they registered with myself at the end shooting as a non-scorer.

I will have blue tape and marker there. Everyone will tag themselves front & back with their shooter number. I think this will make it easier to keep track of who is doing what, and lessen confusion overall. We'll try it.

1 Tom W
2 patrick c
3 Richard P
4 Corey F
5 Jeremy J
6 Matt G
7 Robert K
8 Denver M
9 karl t
10 Robert D
11 Steve B
12 Joshua K
13 Steve M
14 Gregory B
15 Matthew R
16 Sean M
17 Tod H
18 Paul B
19 Todd S
20 Chad B
21 James B
22 O'Connell S
23 Scott V
24 Joshua R
25 Freddy W

--Fargo007

Going over the score sheet in advance of tomorrow.

I want to point out beforehand that the finals match is a series match, and will not be included automatically. e.g, We are scoring it as if it were another NHRPC match and it will follow the conventions announced at the start of the series.

It is your highest THREE scores across TWO clubs that shall count for series points.

That means if your other two high scores are also at NHRPC, the finals match cannot be the third. One will have to get tossed and replaced with your best Mayberry score.

The finals might wind up to be a throw away for some of you. For others it might be a keeper. It's all about how well you shoot.

I am pointing this out now so there is no confusion tomorrow.

--Fargo007

had a fantastic time today! Thanks for everyone's hard work they put into this series.
Also thanks to everyone who helped me throughout the whole thing. I look forward to more matches in the future.

Thank you Freddy and Steve for hosting this Series. The final match was a great mix of stages which was enjoyable to shoot. Looking forward to next years events.