• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mason Dixon Sniper Series 2014 Match #3 MGPA Westminster MD

SteveInMd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
MASON DIXON SNIPER SERIES

We all enjoyed the Mayberry Precision Series of 2012 and the Mason Dixon Sniper Series of 2013. The matches were excellent, well run and challenging with fair and transparent scoring and a great bunch of people to share a firing line with.

“So what’s new?"

The 2014 MASON DIXON SNIPER SERIES will consist of five matches. Two qualifiers will be at MGPA in Westminster, MD, two will be at NHRPC in Gap, PA, and the finals match will be the top 20 shooters across the series and shall be held at MGPA.

We are not changing the way the series is tracked but we have reworked the scoring system. Here’s how it works:

There will be four qualifying matches, two at each venue. We will use a maximum of your three highest scores to determine eligibility for the series finale. Individual match winners are automatically qualified for the finale. Shooters must submit scores from both venues to be eligible for the finale. The final standing for the series will be the total of your qualifying match scores and the finale score, you must compete in the finale to be eligible for series awards.

The matches will now be scored on a curve type scoring model. Series points will be determined by dividing your score for the match by the match winner's score.
Four qualifier matches - you keep your best three scores. You can shoot all four qualifiers and we'll keep your top scores.

Courses of fire are not revealed or known to any competitor before match day. You will get three very different but excellent flavors of matches from Steve, Josh, and Bob who are the match directors. You will also experience very different target presentations. The MGPA matches feature lots of steel, some physical challenges, movers, a huge target variety and clever use of props. The NHRPC matches feature lots of walking and running speed moving targets at all distances, steel out to 637Y, and a vehicle to work stages off of. Targets are generally 2 MOA or less.

Registration / Payment / Cancellation policy: Registration for each match will be $40.00 for all competitors. Online registration will be offered for each match. Pre-payment will not be required. If you sign up, you are agreeing to be there, and to furnish the match fee. If you are a no-show, or cancel within five days of the match you will still owe that match fee at the next series match you want to shoot.

Series Dates:

Mayberry's dates for the series will be July 20 and August 17.

NHRPC’s dates for the series will be April 27 and June 29.

The series final at Mayberry will be September 21.

Registration for the July 20 match at the Mayberry Game Protective Association is full, email mayberrymatches (at) gmail.com to be added to the wait list.

See you at the range.

Steve B.

Last edited:
Registered. I had a great time at my first mason Dixon match last weekend despite being hung over, looking forward to this one.

Looking forward to another fun match. My 91 year old father will be there to observe. He saw action in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Served with the 82nd Airborne Div. as a brigade commander. Retired after 32 years as a Army bird Col. I hope we can let him send a round or two down range.

Richard P

Seeing how this next match is 2 days after we close on a house, I'm pretty sure I'll be up to my elbows in moving stuff! I'll see you guys again in Aug.

Have a great time!

You will not receive a confirmation email, if the form takes your information you have made the roster.

So what is the times associated with the match any specific items needed
A def round count?

Not to beat dead horse but I'm bringing a new and he asks too many questions. Lol

As of now if you fire every round possible the round count is 64, I would bring 70-80.

Shooters can check in starting ay 8:00, first round down range at 9:00. We should be done around 3:00.

Steve B.

Looking forward to another fun match. My 91 year old father will be there to observe. He saw action in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Served with the 82nd Airborne Div. as a brigade commander. Retired after 32 years as a Army bird Col. I hope we can let him send a round or two down range.

Richard P

It will be a privilege to have him aboard. He is most welcome to send a few with my rifle. .223 AR with a can. It's like shooting a stick of butter.

--Fargo007

Great relaxing match today. Nice mix of stages and was the earliest finish I have had this year. Was home by 3. Thanks to all.

Thanks to all who came out and shot, we had a great group of guys. Results for today's match follow.

1 Matt G 362
2 Shawn B 306
3 Jeremy J 282
4 Rob K 222
5 Freddy W 204
6 Steve B 198
7 Paul R 184
8 Paul B 160
9 Todd S 150
10 Matt R 144
10 Tony P 144
10 Greg R 144
13 Josh K 138
14 Tom W 136
15 Patrick C 120
16 Greg B 118
17 Chad B 110
18 Crawford T 108
19 Bill S 82
20 Richard P 78
21 Chris J 50
22 Asah E 24

Congratulations to Matt for the win and qualifying for the finals, excellent shooting. Registration for the August 17 match will open soon, see you all there.

Steve B.

Thanks Steve for the hard work you guys put in to make all this possible. Great COF, Excellent weather and one hell of a hot shooting 6mm made this day another for the books. See you guys in September for the finals!

Great match Steve.... amazing how early it ended too.... can't wait for the next.

-paul

Had a great time, Steve, very well run and the CoF was fun.

I dropped the ball and have some work to do before next weekend, but it was a great time anyway.

Congrats to Matt, Shawn and Jeremy. They showed everyone how it should be done.

Extremely well organized and efficiently run. 22 Shooters done by noon doesn't happen by accident.

Thanks to the MD and the staff for another good one.

I liked how the CoF was mostly up off the ground.

--Fargo007

Had a great time Steve thanks. I'd like to specifically thank Fred and chris for helping out my buddy asah.

Guys like these , everyone included, are the reason these matches are as good as they are everyone is willing to help out. It goes a long way towards helping to grow this sport.

Its not too often in a competitive sport so many are willing to help and basically instruct a newb like that.

You guys helped him make the desicion to continue coming to these matches.

Thanks agian .

Had a great time Steve thanks. I'd like to specifically thank Fred and chris for helping out my buddy asah.

Guys like these , everyone included, are the reason these matches are as good as they are everyone is willing to help out. It goes a long way towards helping to grow this sport.

Its not too often in a competitive sport so many are willing to help and basically instruct a newb like that.

You guys helped him make the desicion to continue coming to these matches.

Thanks agian .

Not surprised to hear that those guys were helping out. Not surprised at all.

I will have the series standings for you all soon, pending a bit of excel work and Steve's approval.

-Jammer.