• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mason dixon sniper series match one - registration open

I'm in. and I have a can now so the shooters next to me don't have to feel my wrath.

I'm signed up. What's up with that math formula in the registration confirmation? There's not going to be math involved with this, is there?

Steve B.

Can anyone tell me what a typical course of fire would be for either comp. Is it out to 1000 or mainly 500 and in? would like to register but would like to know a brief overview of distances and what kind of shooting would be done before committing to the 5 hour drive.
thank you,

The match is now full guys.

Wow, I'm really surprised it filled up this fast.

buckskin - The matches are held at two different clubs. One shoots to 600Y, the other to 637Y. In both cases you would expect to see:

1 - A difficult, high value CBS.

2 - Shots on steel targets, usually 2MOA or so out to full distance.

3 - Moving targets at any possible distance the range supports.

4 - Some type of physical effort. Some running, negotiating obstacles.

5 - Position shooting and being forced to fire from positions you would probably never choose on your own.

6 - Using your scope reticle to solve problems. Range estimation, holdovers, holdunders, etc.

Keep an eye out for the next one.

--Fargo007

Waiting list?

I finally got cleared from our client that I would not have to travel that weekend just this morning. Came here to register, and... full? Damn.

It is cool to see the series be so popular. I had no idea I should have been rushing to clear my calendar. I won't make that mistake twice!

Waiting list?

I finally got cleared from our client that I would not have to travel that weekend just this morning. Came here to register, and... full? Damn.

It is cool to see the series be so popular. I had no idea I should have been rushing to clear my calendar. I won't make that mistake twice!

It was very popular last year and the matches all sold out fast. This year, with two ranges on board, more folks knowing about it, and a limited number of spots available, I think all the matches will sell out fast.

The irony is that I don't really travel for work all that much anymore. In fact, now that this trip was cancelled, no other trips on the horizon that I'm aware of. Haven't been anywhere since last Oct. And it had to be over that weekend.

I won't be waiting so long next time!

Can I be put on the wait list? I was looking for this on MD Shooters.
Thanks

Freddy-

Just to confirm-
timings for Sunday are:
0900 safety brief
1000 rounds down range

I want to make sure those timings are good, as I'm driving up early and long way and don't want to miss the start. Those timings seem strange given past experience.

Thanks.
-James

James,
Due to the clubs new policy Freddy can not start prior to 10am on Sundays. This was adopted in an effort to ease some of the tension between NHRPC and the neighbors in the area.

The Capn'

The Cap'n is correct. I confirm on the times.

If you guys get there early please help Josh out with getting the target boards ready. We need to present 10 simultaneous B27's and have four movers.

--Fargo007

Got it. Understand on the "be a good neighbor" policy. I will help Josh out, as long as the traffic doesn't get me on I95N.

I'm sick as a dog so I've got a light duty chit for next few days. If anyone is on the wait list for the 28 April shoot, feel free to contact Freddy for my slot. Have fun and shoot straight.

R/
T.J.

Match is filled up!

VERY excited to kick off the series. A lot has changed at the range and I think you guys will like it. I have a series of interesting tableaus planned. <muahahahaha!!!>

I will see everyone NLT 0900 for setup and briefing, with the CBS in the air at 1000.

--Fargo007

I still have to double check everything, but it looks like the top ten are:

Josh Kunz
Sean Mays
Greg Banta
Josh Resslar
Bob Duprey
Rob Koch
Freddy Wissing (does not accrue series points)
Jeremy Jones
Matt Radolec
Scott Victor

--Fargo007

Today was a great match, thank you Freddy. The course of fire was well planned and we burned through the whole thing in <4hrs There are some very talented guys in the series, I'm looking forward to the next 6 matches!

I'm looking forward to the next one at MGPA, I'll get a check in the mail to SteveB tomorrow :)

Here's a quick breakdown of the CoF for those that couldn't make it.

The CBS was a KYL shot, which means you had a choice of something ordinary for lower value:

a) B27 target score x 5 (stationary) 50 potential points.
or
b) B27 repair center (mover) for target score x 10. 100 potential points.

3 Of us chose the mover but only Argyle hit it. With a .223 AR and an ACOG on top, no bipod. 500Y shot.

Two position was sitting or kneeling, then prone, 400Y.

The precision challenge was five submoa targets at 200Y, the smallest being 1". 20 per hit, -25 per miss and -5 for every round on the paper that didn't score.

Pipeline was five rounds off a barrel at either a 300 or 500Y idpa target. 10 or 20 points per hit respectively.

Urban hide was off the bench, hunched over but standing, 600Y.

Pop ups were 10 rounds, five :06 exposures. 600Y.

The milling exercise at the end worked like this:

1 - B27 targets were folded / redacted down to a rectangle.

2 - Shooters had to MIL it and provide the size in INCHES.

3 - For every inch you are off, five points are deducted from your shooting score.

I think we'll see this one again guys.....

I also really liked the new shooting berms that were put in. I think they helped to give us a lot more flexibility in terms of stages, and I believe that contibuted to how fast the match ran. We started a little after 1000 and we were out of there before 2pm with 20 shooters. The match was heavier on paper than steel but I think this match's formula clearly worked well in terms of time/motion, and a lot of people have remarked that they enjoyed all the tableaus (with exceptions noted above) ;-)

--Fargo007

Freddy and the New Holland crew, thanks for another great match. The launch of the Mason Dixon Sniper Series couldn't have gone better, I hope everyone had a good time and can make the rest of the series events. Registration for round #2 will open soon, no need to mail any checks yet, I will post a new thread with a link to the registration form, once on the roster we will accept your payments the day of the match.

Thanks again, and hope to see you all at the range again soon.

Steve B.

5 points per inch we were off for the milling stage, Chris and I had over 200 penalty points, I guess you know who will be paying more attention to the instructions next time.

Steve B

Yeah bro - That was out of character for you.

I was really surprised at that, especially since I have seen you win long range UKD matches.

My best guess is that you had your magnification set wrong.

But yeah - you'll probably get another chance...... ;-)

--Fargo007

Yeah bro - That was out of character for you.

I was really surprised at that, especially since I have seen you win long range UKD matches.

My best guess is that you had your magnification set wrong.

But yeah - you'll probably get another chance...... ;-)

--Fargo007

Freddy what were the correct measurements on the shapes for the last stage?

H26 W07 H21 W15

They are on the score sheet in the column headings. It took me a couple tries to get the formula right on the spreadsheet.

=sum(abs(26-K17) + abs(7-L17) + abs(21-M17) + abs(15-N17))

It's amazing how accurate you can be by working the traditional formula backwards.

MDM is hands-down the easiest, but to do it mathematically: DM/C Distance (600y) x MILS / Coefficient

--Fargo007

Last edited: