• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mass state police under scrutiny

Mwalex

Private
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2011
    Another article I wanted to share:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/02/25/mass-state-police-seized-firearms/

Here is the article for those that do not want to chase the link:

"The Massachusetts State Police has been scrutinized in recent months for their handling of seized firearms at Logan Airport. The State Police destroy around a third of seized firearms. In some cases before the persons charged with possessing them have had their day in court.

According to the Boston Globe, which broke this story, the MSP seized 21 firearms at Logan Airport in 2018. Additionally, the State Police report destroying eight of those. Importantly, before any court proceedings could take place, the State Police destroyed two of the seized weapons. The other six were destroyed after their owners “voluntarily surrendered them or the ownership was unclear.”

Case In Point

The case that sparked this concern was over an antique firearm, a black powder pistol. A Coast Guard employee had taken the pistol through a baggage scanner, where the TSA spotted it. A TSA agent notified a State Trooper, who seized the unloaded handgun. The Trooper, correctly, stated that he did not believe that the law applied to this black-powder firearm.

The presiding Judge concurred, noting that the law in question does not apply to firearms manufactured before 1900. The Judge then gave an order to the State Police to return the antique gun to the Coast Guardsman. Unfortunately, the State Police had already destroyed the firearm.

Evidence Issues

Apparently, this is not the MSP’s first issue with improper storage of firearms as evidence. Internal State Police investigations have found at least 18 barracks as having “sloppy and inaccurate recordkeeping”. Specifically, with regards to confiscated guns, drugs, and money.

In 2015, an inspection found in Troop F’s barracks (the troop responsible for Logan Airport) several unidentified items that had been reported destroyed. Later in 2016, logs at the Medford barracks showed six guns listed as present in the evidence locker that had been returned to their owners. In 2017, records in the Belchertown barracks similarly listed two guns as being in evidence, but they had been returned to their owners.

We have reached out to the Massachusetts State Police for comment."

I am sure few people on this board will find it shocking that stuff like this happens.

The presiding Judge concurred, noting that the law in question does not apply to firearms manufactured before 1900. The Judge then gave an order to the State Police to return the antique gun to the Coast Guardsman. Unfortunately, the State Police had already destroyed the firearm.

Bravo Sierra! That pistol probably didn't have a serial number and is sitting in someone's safe. The records just showed that it was destroyed.

Last edited:
    I wonder what other kinds of evidence has been (prematurely destroyed) as the post stated but the big question is whether the people and their lawyers have been notified. That is the only effective way to make them straighten out their shit. They do that sometimes when they find a bad cop i.e planting evidence reviewing cases they were involved in and notify people. F Troop a fitting name for those who were too young it was a TV comedy back around 1970's except that shit isn't funny.

I am sure few people on this board will find it shocking that stuff like this happens.

Not shocked at all...

This 72 year old New Jersey schoolteacher, an avid collector of historical artifacts, faced 10 YEARS in prison when he was caught in southern NJ during a traffic stop with a 300 year old, UNLOADED flintlock pistol in the glove compartment:

Article:
    https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com...cle_6b1aa3a2-bac0-11e4-a868-e3f91771ea20.html

Now this happened back in 2015 and (I believe) the teacher was cleared after some court hearings, but the state of gun politics have not improved at all in the last 4 years, if not taken a turn for worse.

@Flyingbullseye The TSA is actually quite good at finding things when the agents want to fill their own pockets. There had been plenty of sticky-fingered agents caught red handed in the last few years.

Reactions: Blutroop
    trust no one , stay armed, never give up your rights or guns while you have breath in our body, no matter who trys to take them, do not comply, defend yourself.

Not shocked at all...

This 72 year old New Jersey schoolteacher, an avid collector of historical artifacts, faced 10 YEARS in prison when he was caught in southern NJ during a traffic stop with a 300 year old, UNLOADED flintlock pistol in the glove compartment:

Article:
    https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com...cle_6b1aa3a2-bac0-11e4-a868-e3f91771ea20.html

Now this happened back in 2015 and (I believe) the teacher was cleared after some court hearings, but the state of gun politics have not improved at all in the last 4 years, if not taken a turn for worse.

@Flyingbullseye The TSA is actually quite good at finding things when the agents want to fill their own pockets. There had been plenty of sticky-fingered agents caught red handed in the last few years.

trust no one , stay armed, never give up your rights or guns while you have breath in our body, no matter who trys to take them, do not comply, defend yourself.

That is the truth. Well said. The state does not give a fuck about us or the ones we love. As a matter of fact, to the state, we are nothing more than expendable assets. It is our responsibility to protect ourselves and our families, in any and all ways possible.

I am a trad style shooter and gun owner most of my life and never owned an EBR before...............But now, with the current state of weather we seem to be facing, I feel like I need to invest in an AR-15, and shit that I see in the news every day only confirms that.

In 2015, an inspection found in Troop F’s barracks (the troop responsible for Logan Airport) several unidentified items that had been reported destroyed.

As already mentioned, an appropriate name for a group of F-ups, F-Troop.

Not shocking, which in itself is a sad statement when we expect this from too many of our thin blue line.

Bravo Sierra! That pistol probably didn't have a serial number and is sitting in someone's safe. The records just showed that it was destroyed.
    Exactly! I would be truly shocked if was otherwise.
    What’s the rush? Before adjudication of the case? Stupid!
    Uhm...see above. Not destroyed as much as relocated so as not to be found. How convenient!

13wbkf.jpg

FIFY

That is the truth. Well said. The state does not give a fuck about us or the ones we love. As a matter of fact, to the state, we are nothing more than expendable FUCKING TAX SLAVES. It is our responsibility to protect ourselves and our families, in any and all ways possible.

I am a trad style shooter and gun owner most of my life and never owned an EBR before...............But now, with the current state of weather we seem to be facing, I REALLY need to invest in 10 AR-15, and shit that I see in the news every day only confirms that.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    That is the truth. Well said. The state does not give a fuck about us or the ones we love. As a matter of fact, to the state, we are nothing more than expendable assets. It is our responsibility to protect ourselves and our families, in any and all ways possible.

I am a trad style shooter and gun owner most of my life and never owned an EBR before...............But now, with the current state of weather we seem to be facing, I feel like I need to invest in an AR-15, and shit that I see in the news every day only confirms that.

You dont already have an AR?

weird.......

LOL I am going to be joining the EBR club pretty soon. Was looking at some stripped lowers earlier. Nice and basic general use, all purpose rifle to have around that can hunt and plink and be a very valuable security asset.

Just a totally fun rifle to shoot and beat.

It has no soul but it may save yours.

Get a Garand for love and an AR for work.

All will be well.

All will be well.
    True. I didn’t have one and then I bought a basic, get the job done model and happy that I did. Like said, it’s fun to shoot, but just a work rifle that doesn’t mind being thrown in the back. Surprisingly accurate out to 300 yards too. Haven’t tried it past that. Not its mission.

I was able to beat the bag out of a new from the box Smith and Wesson carbine.

Soaked the bolt and ran it with 55 grain to wear the crystals off the parkerizing.

Ran without a hitch.

Not sure what the going price on a bone stock S&W AR is these days but there are worse ways to spend your money.

Dont think the basic carbine will disappoint and unlike their AR10 offering Im pretty sure the parts are interchangeable with typical AR parts.

It is fucking MA....you are all surprised?

The fact you can own a weapon of any kind amazes me. I left there in 1997. At that point, there were no restrictions or oppressive laws....20 years later...guess what.

It is a matter of time before it happens in RI. At this point, we are OK other than the red flag laws that our cunt of a governor passed. It won't last much longer. When it hits, I hope my wife is through nursing school so we can move to a better place. I can work from anywhere since I always travel or work from home.

I was able to beat the bag out of a new from the box Smith and Wesson carbine.

Soaked the bolt and ran it with 55 grain to wear the crystals off the parkerizing.

Ran without a hitch.

Not sure what the going price on a bone stock S&W AR is these days but there are worse ways to spend your money.

Dont think the basic carbine will disappoint and unlike their AR10 offering Im pretty sure the parts are interchangeable with typical AR parts.

It is truly a unique piece of superb engineering that has gone through so much changes since it's first inception more than half a century ago, yet still remains essentially the same. That is why I am starting to see it as a most important investment to have as the new world gets ever braver.

This is one of my most favorite ads of all time. Every time I see it, it brings a smile to my face:

f1066051ee48d611072ec0d176f2c758.jpg

ShootersBibleCarbineandAR-15.jpg

Last edited:

All will be well.
    They have souls!...They're like the little lost mutts with no pedigree, that will do anything they can for you. They can hunt and point just like any good dog if you train them enough. Just like a dog, they can outperform their owners with ease. They just don't know it. YOU have to learn that.;)

Last edited:
    Go buy a BCM and drive it like you stole it. They eat all ammo well, just like my SR-15's do.

My first was a Spikes enhanced upper on a dpms lower...meh.....then I went to a Seekins NXR package...night and day difference. It has become my go to coyote and groundhog gun with 77gr smk!