• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Massive Wyoming public land Mulie

wyosniper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
WYOMING
I hunted this buck on public land and on foot. I ended up packing him out 12 miles total in some rough country. Earning it the hard way. Had to half him to get him out. Smoked him at 450 with the 338 edge. Just what you expect in good ole wyoming. God i love this state.

P1010112.jpg

DSCF9459.jpg

DSCF9463.jpg

Re: Massive Wyoming public land Mulie

Congrats, that is a nice buck I hope to get something that nice someday.

Nice one, but I'd have to take a horse. At 65 and COPD, I doubt I could pack a sage hen 12 miles.

good work!
it makes the hunt that much better when you know you really worked for it!

I wouldn't even want to carry that rifle 12 miles, let alone that deer! Nice buck!

Damn nice trophy man..he made you work for it which makes even nicer

Man, that's a great buck! Taking mature animals on public land are usually no easy task and packing half of one out on your back for 12 miles would be even more challenging.

Great buck!! Where were you in Wyoming?

I bet that cartridge dropped him in his tracks. Nice kill!

Well done on a great Wyo trophy & to add public land to the que... That is something to brag about. Helluva hike to boot, hope you had a buddy to carry the Edge for you!

t

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongCut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't even want to carry that rifle 12 miles, let alone that deer! Nice buck!</div></div>

My thoughts exactly. If I was planning a 12mile hike in, it'll be with an ultralight. Looks like it paid off nevertheless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: agsf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great buck!! Where were you in Wyoming? </div></div>

Eastern Wyoming

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL&RR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongCut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't even want to carry that rifle 12 miles, let alone that deer! Nice buck!</div></div>

My thoughts exactly. If I was planning a 12mile hike in, it'll be with an ultralight. Looks like it paid off nevertheless. </div></div>

The pack out was 12 miles total. (several trips) I have a bull pack made by a company in idaho, it works awesome. As far as the edge goes, its a definetly a game changer, i do not mind packing it. I would rather have it than not. Considering hunting wyoming your shot can vary from 100 to 1000 yards. It helps with being in shape, i am out constantly walking rough country. I spend lots of time learning public land and just being out there. I appreicate all the comments, but my point was to say hey get in shape and put your time in, its possible in this great state...DIY baby!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongCut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't even want to carry that rifle 12 miles, let alone that deer! Nice buck! </div></div>

That was my thought too! 12 miles packing that rifle would be bad enough.

Congrats on a really nice buck!

Nice sized buck, the gun is as big & with that hole I see in its side overkill...hahahah.

Public land, check. Rough/steep terrain, check. Busted your ass getting in and out, check. Busted his big ass with a big ass rifle, check.

All I can say is... DAMN! and congratulations on that one.

Beautiful buck! Heck of an exit wound!

What a heavy-horned toad! I'd love to get one like that someday. Congrats!

Awesome buck, wyosniper!!! Man I love WY also, my favorite western state to hunt.

Wow, congrats on a fine buck!

Great Muley... with that exit I am guessing he did not go far...
DRT is the reason I use 300 wm on whitetail

Congrats!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongCut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't even want to carry that rifle 12 miles, let alone that deer! Nice buck! </div></div>

My thoughts exactly!

Monster buck! Nice shot!

i live in the same state and have a similiar scope but i'd need my 4 wheeler to get a deer and rifle / scope in and out 12 miles