• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Master list of FFP long range rifle scopes

SageRatSafaris

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Oregon
sageratsafaris.com
I've compiled a master list of all FFP long range scopes, defined as:

* FFP
* 20X or higher at the top end

The list has pictures of all reticles offered, so it doubles as a list of all high power FFP reticles. Finding quality reticle images/diagrams was one of the more frustrating parts of making this list. If you have better reticle images, please reply with them!

Some folks at the scope brands have seen the list (I sent them inquiries about data I couldn't find about their scopes), and they all seemed to think the list was interesting. This thing took a long time to compile, I hope the Hide finds it interesting as well.

https://sageratsafaris.com/master-list-ffp-long-range-rifle-scopes/

130+ scopes, 400+ different reticles from:

Leupold
Vortex
Nightforce
March
Schmidt & Bender
Burris
Steiner
Bushnell
Kahles
US Optics
SIG
IOR Valdada
EoTech
Trijicon
Delta Optical
Minox
Tangent Theta
Zero Compromise Optics
Revic
Hensoldt
Athlon
Sightron
Sightmark
Hi-Lux/Leatherwood
SWFA
Weaver
Nikon
Primary Arms
Tract Optics
Riton
Hawke
Lucid
Falcon

I'd love to hear feedback on how I can improve the list. I'm particularly interested in:

* Did I miss any brands, scopes or reticles?

* High resolution reticle images!

* Links to quality scope reviews that should be included. I've only just started hunting for those.

* Where to find the best street price for each scope.

Last edited:
Holy Smokes SageRat, you did spend some time on that, thank you for providing that resource, it's nice to have everything in one place, I have a small spreadsheet of scopes I keep track of so can appreciate the time and effort that went into this, thank you!

Falcon lol....

Yeah, I'm not filtering on quality or reputation (in some cases, I'd never heard of them before), just whether the scope is FFP, 14X or more, and 60 MOA elevation or more. The 60 MOA of elevation requirement seemed to exclude most of the low tier bargain scopes such as Barska, Nikko Sterling, etc.

It's not a list of what I recommend, it's simply a list of what the market is offering.

* Did I miss any brands, scopes or reticles?

Deka reticle on the PA 6-30

PA6-30X56FFP-DEKA-AMS_08.jpg

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
On the March scopes. The 3-24X42 and the 3-24X52 both have the FML-1 centre dot as .05 mil. I believe this to be incorrect, that’s the FML-1 in the 5-40X56. The FML-1 in the lower power scopes has a centre dot of .1 mil.

On the March scopes. The 3-24X42 and the 3-24X52 both have the FML-1 centre dot as .05 mil. I believe this to be incorrect, that’s the FML-1 in the 5-40X56. The FML-1 in the lower power scopes has a centre dot of .1 mil.
Scotch is correct. Also, not sure how easy it is to rearrange but it would be nice if they were in alphabetical order by company name.
1530300684916.png
1530300709706.png

The dial limit on the Razor IIs isn't right. You can dial 3 revolutions. My 3-18x on a 20 MOA base has almost 23 mils. The 4.5-27s are around 21.5.

The dial limit on the Razor IIs isn't right. You can dial 3 revolutions. My 3-18x on a 20 MOA base has almost 23 mils. The 4.5-27s are around 21.5.

Vortex gave me the 71 MOA dial limit number for Razor II and AMG when I called and asked them. They were pretty specific about it right off the bat, it wasn't like they grabbed one and spun the dial to see how far it would go. Since that's the number I got directly from Vortex, I'm hesitant to change it, but I may asterisk it with a note that some users report being able to dial more elevation.

I'm concerned that I might somehow be offtrack with even trying to report dial limits. No brand ever reports dial limits separate from total elevation adjustment. In many S&B, the reported total elevation adjustment is obviously just a dial limit (bunch of different magnifications all have 65 MOA).

I never hear folks talk about dial limits - it's just something I encountered personally, and a light bulb went off.

The question: is it even worthwhile to attempt to collect and publish dial limits? I'm having second thoughts about making up a new stat to publish about scopes.

I am sure they did give you that number but even if you look at their site for the mil scopes it lists over 28 mils which is over 96 moa. The issue came in when they first came out and listed the larger number of total elevation and then people could only get 3 revolutions of only 30 mils or 75 moa. They adjusted the numbers on the site. I know you can get more than the listed 71 moa with a 30 or 40 moa base. As I said I get more on a 20 moa.

You can leave it on there if you want and/or just list 3 total revolutions available and the total elevation available. Safe bet would be lost what's on their site but it can be more.

Great list SageRat! Thanks for all your hard work, and for sharing with the Hide

Thanks for making this available to the community.

Regarding dial limits , often max elevation is restricted when a lot of windage is dialled on . Cannot
speak on behalf of all the FFP optics listed , but the Sightron I sold a while ago would not get max
elevation with 15 of wind dialled on . The rifle it was fitted too had a misaligned rail , hence the need
to dial 15 ish to get a zero .

Sagerat, thanks for all the work you did putting this together! It’s a helpful resource for anyone shopping for a new scope.
I built something similar when I brought my first scope (but without the scope and reticle photos). L
Thanks for sharing!

This made my search for a new optic so much easier. Thanks for all the time and effort to put this together for all of us!

@Midwestside, that Countersniper is SFP. They do have a few FFP products, but the total elevation is 50 moa or less on those models.

Even if they did have a FFP product with 60 moa elevation, my excuse might be that this is a list of "long range rifle scopes", not "Weapon Mountable Optical Gunsights" as they prefer to call their products.

Recent updates:
* Six new Bushnell Forge and Nitro FFP scopes added. These scopes feature a new tree reticle (in moa and mrad variations).
https://sageratsafaris.com/2018/06/16/master-list-ffp-long-range-rifle-scopes/#bushnell

new Bushnell Deploy MRAD tree reticle:
Bushnell Deploy MIL FFP reticle.png

* Riton brand added (1 qualifying FFP scope)
https://sageratsafaris.com/2018/06/16/master-list-ffp-long-range-rifle-scopes/#riton

* Brands are now listed in alphabetical order

* Navigation index at top of list

* various minor corrections

Sample screenshot of the list looks like:
Master list of FFP long range scopes - Kahles sample.png

Reactions: Akkid17
OP did justice to the list...NightForce NXS are the best FFP scope i have ever used.

Thanks. I contemplated including some discontinued FFP scopes, but that seemed like it would open a pandora's box of difficult research. It turned out to be a pandora's box of difficult research anyway. Know how you can tell a scope is SFP? The absence of any information about focal plane. Same is true for lack of zero stop, lack of illumination, etc.

Awesome list, thanks for making it and sharing.

thank you for putting this together it’s helped a lot of friends cut down on study time for new scopes.

The Razor gen 2 is limited to 71 moa in the moa models. No matter what rail it is on it’s the same for me. 0-50moa rail and the turrets still only let me dial 71. That’s just a mechanical limitation of the design; too bad too, I would run one on my elr gun and saved a lot of $$ over the ATACR with 120 available. The 113moa is total available for zeroing only unless you don’t want to use the turrets like they’re designed to be.

Last edited:
thank you for putting this together it’s helped a lot of friends cut down on study time for new scopes.

The Razor gen 2 is limited to 71 moa in the moa models. No matter what rail it is on it’s the same for me. 0-50moa rail and the turrets still only let me dial 71. That’s just a mechanical limitation of the design; too bad too, I would run one on my elr gun and saved a lot of $$ over the ATACR with 120 available.

That is true of the MOA version but even then 71 MOA is more than a lot of scopes offer and plenty for most anyone not trying to do any serious ELR. Still more than S&B 5-25s MOA version which are only 65 MOA total. That said for a serious ELR rifle it would probably be zeroed out farther than 100 yards as well so you could stretch it out farther and then you would still have 71 MOA from that point as you can zero without the knob and still have 113 MOA of total to redistribute when zeroing. So you could use a 50 MOA base and zero at 1000 and then have 71 MOA to dial from there plus another 36 MOA in reticle.

I've made major updates to the list of FFP scopes, so I figured I'd bump the thread. I welcome any feedback on how to make the lists more useful.

* Added 2020 releases
* You can now sort the lists by brand, price category, magnification, or weight.
* You can now filter the lists. To filter a list to only 34mm tubes, type "34mm" into the search field. To filter the list to locking turrets, type "locking". For 2020 releases, type "new 2020". You get the idea - anything in the product listings or reticle captions is fair game for the search filter.

Due to sheer page size, I had to split the list up into three parts:

All FFP scopes with 20X or more (138 scopes, 418 reticles)

All FFP scopes with max mag between 10X to 20X (125 scopes, 398 reticles )

All FFP LPVOs (51 scopes, 129 reticles)

Prices advertised online are limited to "minimum advertised price" requirements, so to get the best prices, you should use the telephone and call a Hide vendor! They can quote lower prices over the phone. They're also very knowledgeable about the choices, so they can give you some wise advice to make sure you pick a scope that'll make you happy.

@Mile High Shooting
Mile High Shooting (303) 255-9999. MHS has the high-end stuff. Nightforce, Kahles, Leupold, Schmidt & Bender, Steiner, Vortex, Zeiss, Zero Compromise, etc. The place to get a Spuhr mount.

@gr8fuldoug
CameraLandNY (516) 217-1000. Doug is very active on the forum and has a reputation for happy Hide customers. Many different brands.

@SeanP_SportOptics
SportOptics (800) 720-9625. Many of the common brands, plus Leica, Meopta, US Optics, Tangent Theta.

@LibertyOptics
Liberty Optics (406) 827-6543. Vortex, Sightron, Burris and other brands. Apologies to Scott for missing him the first time around.

Last edited:
Thank you for putting this together. Got an email from Riton today about assembly of X5 Conquer scopes to update your list.

Specifically asked about the X5 Conquer 5-25x50

"...this scope has a final assembly in China and we do a dual quality control process here in Tucson, AZ."

Dave Franklin
Riton Optics
[email protected]
www.ritonoptics.com
1-855-397-4866

Last edited:
Very nice list appreciate it. It's nice to have the reference to prove some things that I thought about some articles... just a modified duplex. Personally I like to have 3/4 usable retical at the lowest power. Good to know there's just some Scopes I'm not going to buy

I've made major updates to the list of FFP scopes, so I figured I'd bump the thread. I welcome any feedback on how to make the lists more useful.

* Added 2020 releases
* You can now sort the lists by brand, price category, magnification, or weight.
* You can now filter the lists. To filter a list to only 34mm tubes, type "34mm" into the search field. To filter the list to locking turrets, type "locking". For 2020 releases, type "new 2020". You get the idea - anything in the product listings or reticle captions is fair game for the search filter.

Due to sheer page size, I had to split the list up into three parts:

All FFP scopes with 20X or more (138 scopes, 418 reticles)

All FFP scopes with max mag between 10X to 20X (125 scopes, 398 reticles )

All FFP LPVOs (51 scopes, 129 reticles)

Prices advertised online are limited to "minimum advertised price" requirements, so to get the best prices, you should use the telephone and call a Hide vendor! They can quote lower prices over the phone. They're also very knowledgeable about the choices, so they can give you some wise advice to make sure you pick a scope that'll make you happy.

@Mile High Shooting
Mile High Shooting (303) 255-9999. MHS has the high-end stuff. Nightforce, Kahles, Leupold, Schmidt & Bender, Steiner, Vortex, Zeiss, Zero Compromise, etc. The place to get a Spuhr mount.

@gr8fuldoug
CameraLandNY (516) 217-1000. Doug is very active on the forum and has a reputation for happy Hide customers. Many different brands.

@SeanP_SportOptics
SportOptics (800) 720-9625. Many of the common brands, plus Leica, Meopta, US Optics, Tangent Theta.

@LibertyOptics
Liberty Optics (406) 827-6543. Vortex, Sightron, Burris and other brands. Apologies to Scott for missing him the first time around.

Thanks again for spending the time on this.

FANTASTIC resource for scope shopping.

Made my first visit to your. Outstanding. If someone tried to sell me an “ultimate scope reference guide” I would never do it because there is no way it could be unbiased, easily searchable, have all the pertinent data, etc.

But this? Now that I’ve seen it? Yep. I’d pay for it.

Thank you, sir..