• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Master Piece Arms .308 Bolt action with 1/2 MOA Gaurentee!

XRanger08

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2014
Pennslyvania
We had a sales rep come into the shop the other day from Master Piece Arms. The first thing he pushed was a Bolt Action chambered in .308. I have seen the rifle a few times in some gun rags so I knew they got into a bolt action but I assumed it was their chassis with a barreled action from an outsourced gunsmith like the Colt Competition line. It is a nice looking rifle with a pretty light weight chassis made in house by MPA. The first thing I noticed about the rifle was the Stiller Action and Timney 510 Trigger. The barrel/brake/chassis are all made in house using a Stiller Tac Series action, Timney 510 or optional Jewell trigger. I am getting one for the shop since they offer a 90 guaranteed sale for new dealers or they take the rifle back minus whatever the freight runs. Ill attach a link to the dealer site with all the technical details and a video from MPA president on the rifle. I am mostly looking to see if anyone has any experience with the rifle and has had the chance to confirm/deny the 1/2 MOA Guarantee. With an MSRP of $3,000 this can be an excellent rifle at a solid price point. Surgeons come with the same 1/2MOA Guarantee for almost another $2,000 dollars. Could be some serious competition if the promises are true!

MPA 308BA Bolt Action Rifle - MasterPiece Arms, Inc.

I'm surprised.

MPA is usually synonymous with "crap"...but all the pieces add up to a good gun.

They bought out Spencer barrels, which from their website were made with Benchrest in mind.

All things considered, it should shoot just fine.

That is what we generally summarize MPA as. That Bolt Action looks great on paper and that guarantee shows real confidence. Their MPA556 rifles are pretty nice as well. will be ordering a few to go on the wall. We are not allowed to fire the bolt action since it is really a "Loan" unless it sells so I can't even check the accuracy.