• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MasterCam X7 4th axis question

skog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
Rhodes, MI
I need to make a piece of bar stock into an octagon basiclly. I have always programmed stuff like this by laying out the toolpath in mastercam and then add the 4th axis indexing by hand in the post process editor. I have had enough with the work around and I can't figure out how to do it in mastercam. I can make it verify correct but I can not get mastercam to spit out the code to make a cut, index, repeat cut, index, etc.

Thanks

Can you add a prescript for a subroutine to call out A positions.
In Gibbs I can add in the post processor how many deg of rotation I want a piece of code to run and it uses a G65 "call subroutine" and will make a little prescript like
G65
A-0.0
G65
A-90
G65
A-180
Ect...
Then the tool path g code

In Bobcad I have to copy the toolpath as many times as I want it to cut and add a rotation deg. In the cam tree when I am defining the cutting tool and depth ect...

The Gibbs is much easier. I just type 4acw(90) in the tool setup screen and it creates a prescript that will run the tool path 4 times around the W axis. W is A on my older machine. I ended up just copying and pasting these prescripts into my Bobcad tool paths as it is much faster than copying multiple times and having a code a mile Long.