• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match calendar

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    I know this has come up before. I thought last year someone had list of matches. I travel so I have to shoot all over if I want to play.
    -PRS only lists theirs and there's little contact information
    - i won't use Facebook
    - practiscore is limited in what people list.

Any other ideas?

Reactions: earthquake
    Following.
    I'm trying to find ELR matches. Not sure where to look for those. Thanks.

The degree to which the shooting sports has grown to rely on Facebook is pretty disappointing. FB is no friend to 2A or 1A. I deleted my FaceBook account once and for all in January. I'd have deleted it years ago if it weren't for several hunting, shooting, and reloading groups. We need to support sites like this one.

It would be helpful to have central calendar linked to a map. The PRS's website only lists their events and doesn't offer a central calendar, they break everything up separately by series and region. Practiscore's calendar is virtually un-navigable.

The degree to which the shooting sports has grown to rely on Facebook is pretty disappointing. FB is no friend to 2A or 1A. I deleted my FaceBook account once and for all in January. I'd have deleted it years ago if it weren't for several hunting, shooting, and reloading groups. We need to support sites like this one.

It would be helpful to have central calendar linked to a map. The PRS's website only lists their events and doesn't offer a central calendar, they break everything up separately by series and region. Practiscore's calendar is virtually un-navigable.
    I'm in the same boat and was thinking about a post dedicated to matches in my area.

There is a calendar on the DST Precision website but only for rimfire matches.

I could probably add in a calendar that let's people add in Matches as well as training course, but it might get a bit crowded
    It would be great, but you're right probably in that it would be a bit crowded.

It would be really cool if somehow we could just click on any given date and see what's available. Ideally, it should be open (allow for people to add stuff) and may be have two sections one for matches and one for classes.

Having said that I have no idea how hard it would be to add it to the forum and not having look like a mess. It just sounds like a cool idea

I envision a calendar and map with a menu of selectable layers. Selected layers would show up on both simultaneously.

They uploaded the calendar to the staging site, it's pretty robust,

we can filter too, you can check out the Competition Side, Training side, etc, we can add in layers that can be filtered and peeled away

So pretty nice
    Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.15.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.16.11 PM.png