• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Match grade .22 LR ammunition

Re: Match grade .22 LR ammunition

There are alot of match ammo choices out there. It has been my experience that you should by a little of each and see what you rifle likes.
Because you can buy a bunch of some "X" brand that shoots well for someone else's rifle but wont group for shit in yours.
That being said I would pick up a couple 50rd boxes of Wolf MT ammo, it works well for my 40X and shoots real well in my CZ 452

definitely weapon specific!! Mine likes wolf match for high end stuff. Winchester bulk shoots well for cheap stuff.

Grab some boxes and go shoot and see what yours likes

Try Eley Sport. My CM-2 loves it, as well as the gray box blazers. Got to love a rifle that shoots the cheap stuff well.

I think you need to shoot many different types of ammo through your gun. I have tried many different one, some work better than others.

I have had good results with Wolf match and Ultra match. I have also had good results with Lapua Master but not Midas. You may have to try several brands and even different lots which can get very expensive.

My 10/22 shoots the Eley Target Rifle better than the match ammo... as was said, you have to find what is best for your particular barrel.

I tried about 30 different ammo selections and the absolute best was the Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match... but for 1/4 the price, the Eley Target is fantastic.