• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match style info

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
So, we just wrapped up a match with a little different focus then a lot of them currently available. I not only allowed, but stressed competitors helping each other on and off the line. The targets were a little bigger then what we have seen lately (at least 2moa) and I tried to give a good mix of prone/well supported positions and partially supported stuff. I gave shooters lots of options to skip targets or positions they found tough. Even with this, I thought it was still a challenging match. I found it very refreshing to watch the demeanor of everyone and get told thanks for this a bunch. I would like a larger sample of opinions though. What are your thoughts on the matches you have attended lately? To easy, to hard, friendly or cutthroat, what do you all want to see in the future?

I like what you did.

That word is going to spread like wildfire that there's help available and it's not "sink or swim."

If we don't keep new and younger faces coming in, we'll wonder what went wrong when we are those four old guys closing an entire club for the latter day equivalent of a lever action match.

I have done some matches where I challenged the entire field to carry logs to a certain point on a time hack. Amazing how people make friends when you bring them together.

Great idea.

--Fargo007

I like the idea! Matches that average a 50% hit rate for the winners is not only frustrating, they can be very discouraging to people. To the point that they won't come back. Like going to the range and not being able to shoot half the time! And in the end, the best shooter will always win.