• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mauser questions?

louu

The only NON methhead in NJ
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2020
Ok I guess I'm gonna revisit this project. My uncles dad had this as a barreld action and he gave it to me. It has a really heavy 308 barrel on it. I'm not even exact sure it's a Mauser. I did a bunch of research on it a long time ago and got a cheap stock and bottom metal but never shot it. The trigger on it is amazing, single stage and probably right around 1.5#s.

Randomly I thought yesterday I wonder if anyone makes a chassis for these things. I found that Archangel stock and said for $150 that's not bad

Does anyone know if this action will fit in there and if that magazine will work with 308?

Also any info on this rifle would be great appreciated
20240311_083421.jpg
20240311_083556.jpg
20240311_083448.jpg

I also ment to post I forgot pretty much everything I learned about this thing because it was like 15 years ago and I can't remember what I did yesterday

Yeah man, it’s a large ring Mauser. It’ll fit. There are better stocks out there, but it’ll fit.

Reactions: louu
Do NOT get the stock you are looking at. They are trash. If you want a stock, look at Boyd's or Stockys at least. The Archangels are trashy.

Reactions: louu
Ok thanks guys, I guess ill pass on that stock. I'm just looking for the easy button.