• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mausers?

Re: mausers?

I have 2
Mauser X
7mm Rem
P1220187.jpg

target-2.jpg

P1220190.jpg

and M48 Short
IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

PA310171.jpg

BigJoe, what kind of stock is that, and what model mauser?? i have a M98 big ring 8mm that i NEED a new stock + adjustable cheek rest...

thx

its a MPI tactical with a karsten cheek rest. its a old K98 my grandfather gave me. i had it redone in 260 we'll see how it comes out, still has some more work to be done to it.

Its not available , this is a out of production rifle , made 20 yrs ago .

Its a factory rifle made by the old British company Parker Hale , called the M85 , these where made a few yrs before the company closed its doors .

It has a longer than normal tunion ( thread in action ) to better support the heavy barrel ( the contour is actually lighter than a std AW ) , it uses a M14 type mag , and has a very good 2 stage trigger , in a McMillan stock .

Its a favourite of mine .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbigtexan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are those some microfit stocks on there? they sure are nice. </div></div>
Yes correct Richard stocks...

In reading RA Wash's book on 98,96 Mausers, it does not appear the WSM are able to be used to to the claw/head size? Am I correct?
My late father has been building customs but I did not get to help him completely start to finish, so I'm still learning. I have a 338WMag and 300Wmag, and was considering picking up where he left off and starting with a 325WSM.

sure would like to know where u got that stock! I am working on a build now on a VZ-24 Czech 7x57mm Mauser. I am wanting to turn it into a sniper w/syn satock, adj cheek rest/butt pad. Any ideas? thanks much!!!

Mine is a mpi tactical with karsten cheek rest honestly though I wod talk to manners and see how much a custom bedding would be. The mpi was NOT cheap

I recently got possesion of a new in the box Interarms Mark X Mauser action. I want to build a rifle around it but although new need a little work. I heard the name Jim Kobe from several different sources regarding mausers smith and has been known to post on the hide from time to time.

Can anyone share his info or get a hold of him give him mine?

I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Mike

Any other reccomendations for Mause Smiths would also be appreciated.

Thanks

I used Jim Kobe on a sako re barrell, absolute tack driver, wish I could give you contact info.

I have Jim Kobe do about 6 barrels a year and he does great work. His phone number is speed dial #5 on my phone and is 952-884-6031.

I have seen some Mausers he has done that ranged from real sound hunting guns all the way to true works of art. His raand are good and gets his work done fast.

wade

(edited to clean up a typo.)

do mini mausers count? i have a cz 527 varmint in a .223 that isnt picky at all, i was doing load development today and out of 15 different loads 13 were sub moa and one was 1/5 moa

Re-barreled by PACNOR for 300 WM, finished by Robar in NP3+ in a McM stock with a Swarovski Z6i... yep, its pretty accurate. Its my number one hunting stick

L1020207.jpg

Don't have anything fancy like all the others posted but I still enjoy popping clay pigeons at 200 yards with the old German Mauser. Fun gun to shoot!

mine :
DWM_98005.jpg

with match quality ammo @ 100 m :

alvo002.jpg

Best regards and have fun with the Mausers !

Q2

m67august.jpg

My 1939 M98 chambered in 6,5x55 and with an M67 Kongsberg Norwegian marksman stock.