• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Maxim mounted on the Vixen....

Re: Maxim mounted on the Vixen....

Where did you find that photo????

In answering a different question that one surfaced...National Archives.

"Gunner Smith, who fired 400 consecutive shots at Battle of Santiago de Cuba, July 3, 1898"

I'm sure I'm way off... and a military history buff will gladly correct me, but does that barrel and shroud not look like a Maxim?

It is a Maxim. But it is a Maxim QF1 37mm naval gun.

I bet she spit fire for 10 yards. What a beast, would love to see one in action. MM

Wow, that closely resembles a Mk-19, 40mm grenade launcher. Just a little bigger. I wonder if that's where the Mk-19 design originated from.
Cool picture.

Would someone look closely at the full-sized image and tell me just what it is that he's grasping in his left hand?

<span style="font-weight: bold">ETA:</span> Never mind. I just re-read the description. PHEW!

Yes the left hand it looks like...but I guess it is not, I bet it started the phrase do you have a woody.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes the left hand it looks like...but I guess it is not, I bet it started the phrase do you have a woody.
</div></div>

THAT'S funny! At first glance, I thought the same thing. Cool picture.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kHIT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes the left hand it looks like...but I guess it is not, I bet it started the phrase do you have a woody.
</div></div>

THAT'S funny! At first glance, I thought the same thing. Cool picture.
smile.gif
</div></div>

You'd be fondling yourself too if you got to shoot a wild-ass gun like that. ;-)