• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

May I present my LMT LM308MWSE

57Strat

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Before I purchased I think I read every thread on this board about the LMT .308. It seemed like such a good value that I could not pass up buying one. Then one day I walked into a local gun shop and they had a new one in the rack. I could not help myself.

I have added a TA11, Troys and a Surefire M600C.I really enjoy shooting it. It makes my HK91 and FAL seem like antiques.

Here's a few pics

IMG_1105%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1098%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1102%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1108%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1110%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1112%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1113%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1118%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1119%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1124%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Re: May I present my LMT LM308MWSE

This is a 5 shot group at 100 yards with milsurp FMJ ammo. About 1.3 inches.

LMT_308_ACOG_100_Yards%252520%2525281%252529%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57Strat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Before I purchased I think I read every thread on this board about the LMT .308. It seemed like such a good value that I could not pass up buying one. Then one day I walked into a local gun shop and they had a new one in the rack. I could not help myself.

I have added a TA11, Troys and a Surefire M600C.I really enjoy shooting it. It makes my HK91 and FAL seem like antiques.

Here's a few pics

</div></div>

That's a really nice oven setup you got there.

Looks very nice!!

Drop the TA51 thumb-screw mount and pick yourself up a GDI or Bobro mount for the ACOG...you'll be glad you did later!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks very nice!!

Drop the TA51 thumb-screw mount and pick yourself up a GDI or Bobro mount for the ACOG...you'll be glad you did later!! </div></div>

I just ordered a Larue mount about an hour ago. The TA51 thumb screws won't stay tight after just 10-15 rounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's a really nice oven setup you got there. </div></div>

Thank you, Sir.

You did good.

Out of curiosity, why do you black out the serial numbers? I've seen this before but didn't know why its done.

That is a sharp looking rifle, and exactly how I orginally imagined my mws being setup.

However, trying out a 20" barrel quickly changed how I wanted to run the rifle.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conrad101st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You did good.

Out of curiosity, why do you black out the serial numbers? I've seen this before but didn't know why its done. </div></div>

The theory is that someone could report your serial number to the police as being a firearm they had stolen. If a person did that, and the police came to your house to recover the rifle or if you tried to sell it, you might have a problem if you couldn't prove that the claim was false.

Granted I have never heard of this happening, but in today's world you just never know what people will do.

Your caution is probably warranted. Thanks for explaining it to me.

I have a leupy vx3 1.5 x5 on my MWS and like it a lot. I as thinking about your ACOG being another alternative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57Strat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Here's a few pics

IMG_1105%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1098%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1102%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1108%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1110%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1112%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1113%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1118%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

IMG_1119%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

</div></div>

Niiiiiiiice, like your home also, I couldnt help but notice your rock work, I have the same thing, and we coated it with Super Diamond Clear, it really makes the colors come alive on the rock, or I should say it really brings out the colors.

That is one badass weapon and definitely something to be proud of. Congratulations to you!

That is almost identical to my set up for now....I have a TA11F, calibrated for .223 from my MRP, for now. I have a LT/Harris Bipod set up, PWS FSC30 brake, Tango Down panels, Magpul enhanced trigger guard.

I ordered a USOptics SN-3, 1.8 to 10 EREK scope TODAY!, 8 week delivery...

I really want to post pictures of this rifle and my other LMT rifles, can someone send me info or a link on how to post some pictures...

Great rifle. I can't wait to get one, someday. Enjoy it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">57,

That is almost identical to my set up for now....I have a TA11F, calibrated for .223 from my MRP, for now. I have a LT/Harris Bipod set up, PWS FSC30 brake, Tango Down panels, Magpul enhanced trigger guard.

I ordered a USOptics SN-3, 1.8 to 10 EREK scope TODAY!, 8 week delivery...

I really want to post pictures of this rifle and my other LMT rifles, can someone send me info or a link on how to post some pictures...

77 </div></div>

I think that is the way to go with scopes for the MWS. What options did you spec for it?

Is that upper one of the newer ones? Something about new ones are forged and older ones are billet? It just looks different than mine...

If I keep seeing these MWS guns I'm gonna have to break down and trade the DPMS. Very nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle. How much does that whole setup weigh? </div></div>

My bathroom scale says 10.5 lbs.

Very Nice Build... Thats something to be proud of...

I really like the LMT stuff, very well made. I'd LOVE to get one of their M203 / Flair Launchers for one of my M4's. Be a "blast" for the 4th!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57Strat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle. How much does that whole setup weigh? </div></div>

My bathroom scale says 10.5 lbs. </div></div>

Same questions I had - at 10.5 that's not bad at all! Any plans for a suppressor?

57Strat, that is one beautiful rifle!!

May I ask what is the weight as shown in the pics, with light, loaded mag, sling and Acog mounted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">57Strat, that is one beautiful rifle!!

May I ask what is the weight as shown in the pics, with light, loaded mag, sling and Acog mounted? </div></div>

Unloaded my bathroom scale says 10.5 lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57Strat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle. How much does that whole setup weigh? </div></div>

Same questions I had - at 10.5 that's not bad at all! Any plans for a suppressor? </div></div>

What would a suppressor setup cost, and does it affect reliability or accuracy?

They are beautiful toys but this thread is bordering on being like old ladies fawning over grandbabies. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57Strat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57Strat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle. How much does that whole setup weigh? </div></div>

Same questions I had - at 10.5 that's not bad at all! Any plans for a suppressor? </div></div>

What would a suppressor setup cost, and does it affect reliability or accuracy? </div></div>

A suppressor will run you give or take $ 1K. I have had really good luck in the reliability / accuracy department.

That mother f'er is hot! If I can talk my wifey into letting me stay downrange longer I'll have to get me one. Wanted an EMC but this might just do perfectly instead!!!

[/quote]

I think that is the way to go with scopes for the MWS. What options did you spec for it?

Is that upper one of the newer ones? Something about new ones are forged and older ones are billet? It just looks different than mine... [/quote]

USO SN-3, EREK 1/10 mil elevation, US#1M40 windage knob, mil dot reticle (of course!), 44mm objective-low profile, matte black, 2" sunshade, no illumination......still very undecided on the mount

I've had one for about 10 months and the HK91 and M1a NM are gathering dust. I switch between a SWFA SS 3-9X42 and SWFA SS 1-4X24 HD for optics. I'm fortunate enough to have unlimited desert to shoot in and have found this rifle accurate out to 800 yards. Mine now has nearly 3000 rounds through it and is as accurate as the day I bought it. Mil spec ammo shoots 1-2 moa, match, American Eagle's 168g otm M1A load are sub moa and M118LR and equivalent handloads are near 1/2 moa when I'm doing things right. It is my go to rifle. The Brits made a great choice in making it their DMR.

Did some trading yesterday and picked one up.Has nice trigger pull. What kind of scope mt. would you suggest?

Looks great. I would love to own one but I just finished building an AR-10 with a Noveske upper. Needless to say I am light in the wallet right now, but one day this rifle with live in my safe as well!

My MWS
77Bronc001.jpg

77Bronc002.jpg

77Bronc003.jpg

77Bronc004.jpg

Guys, this is my first photo posting ever, on any forum....

This is my MWS, Trijicon TA11 off of one of my MRP's, LT/Harris combo and PWS FSC30 brake. The bottom photo has my Seekonk MR-1 tourque wrench calibrated to 140 in-lbs, that I purchased to use instead of the one that came with the MMS, I have more LMT MRP's that I use it on....IMO, the best tool that you can purchase if you own this type of rifle....now that I can post pictures, I will do more soon....

I have a USO SN-3 on order for the rifle, will be shipping in August...

I did not go to the range today so I could work on getting these pictures up...

Please let me know what you think....

Dude,
That's one of the slickest black guns I've seen yet. You've managed to keep the parasitical growth to a minimum and the forearm is very sweet.
I'm a boot to the new AR style guns but have been throwing the idea of getting a 308 or 260 soon. Seeing your's has given me some good ideas to build on. How long is the barrel?
Thanks for posting!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude,
That's one of the slickest black guns I've seen yet. You've managed to keep the parasitical growth to a minimum and the forearm is very sweet.
I'm a boot to the new AR style guns but have been throwing the idea of getting a 308 or 260 soon. Seeing your's has given me some good ideas to build on. How long is the barrel?
Thanks for posting!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Thank you very much! The barrel is 16". LMT also offers 18" and 20". You can change the barrel in about 2 minutes if you want to have different barrel lengths and swap them out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My MWS
77Bronc001.jpg

77Bronc002.jpg

77Bronc003.jpg

77Bronc004.jpg

Guys, this is my first photo posting ever, on any forum....

This is my MWS, Trijicon TA11 off of one of my MRP's, LT/Harris combo and PWS FSC30 brake. The bottom photo has my Seekonk MR-1 tourque wrench calibrated to 140 in-lbs, that I purchased to use instead of the one that came with the MMS, I have more LMT MRP's that I use it on....IMO, the best tool that you can purchase if you own this type of rifle....now that I can post pictures, I will do more soon....

I have a USO SN-3 on order for the rifle, will be shipping in August...

I did not go to the range today so I could work on getting these pictures up...

Please let me know what you think....

77 </div></div>

Very nice! What reticle did you go with on your TA11? Have you found a favorite load for the rifle yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude,
Thanks for posting!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Legio,

Are you commenting on my MWS? If so, it is a 16" barrel, and yes I am trying to keep the weight to a minimum.

The scope is a TA11F, chevron reticle, it is off of one of my 5.56 MRP's. Using it for now until the USO arrives.

No favorite load yet, will wait until the USO is on the rifle before I start to hone in on a load.

I will say this, my good friend took his NF off of his bolt gun, we mounted it on the MWS and with 168 grain FGM, he shot a 3/4" 10 round group. He did, not me, he shoots competition and way better than me. I can tell you this, this rifle is way more accurate than I am.

Any feed issues with the PMags? A friend picked up one of these rifles tonight and we went to the range to shoot it and couldn't even get 40 rounds down range without multiple jams due to double feeds and all kinds of weird issues.
It came with a PMag.
Could this be stance or technique related or is it likely mechanical?
Ammo was 150 grain winchester white box if that makes any difference.

I fired 6 rounds out of the first mag with no problems but everybody else that shot after that had multiple feed issues.

VW sounds like the classic lube issue. He needs to make sure he lubes the bolt and carrier real good then try again. Just because the the gun is new doesnt mean they have sufficient lube, plus most have to smooth out the finish a bit. I have seen this problem posted with all brands and most are lube issues. The mags should be the new version that works with the LMT.