• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

May the 4th be With your Can Cover

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    May the 4th be with you....

Can Chaps from Scope Chaps, I have been using these since Nick dropped them. We used he Scope Chaps too
    Fqj7C9haYAAOAKL.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up @Lowlight! Just received mine yesterday, absolutely impressed with the fit and finish. Looks great, I can’t wait to put it to work!
    Thanks @gebhardt02 for reaching out and clarifying specs, 7.75” length is the ticket!

IMG_0194.jpeg

I recently bought one for a TBAC U-7. Dunno how much it weighs but its VERY light.

Takes a bit of work to get it installed and tight...enough that I'm not going to remove it to weigh it, but its thin and light, as said.

Reactions: gebhardt02
    I recently bought one for a TBAC U-7. Dunno how much it weighs but its VERY light.

Takes a bit of work to get it installed and tight...enough that I'm not going to remove it to weigh it, but its thin and light, as said.
    I’d like to see this in use. Still projecting 3-4 weeks?

I’d like to see this in use. Still projecting 3-4 weeks?
    sigh....yeah. I see the surgeon on 11 Jul and he's led me to believe that at that point...4 months post-op...that all restrictions are lifted. In the interim, he increased my lifting restriction to 20 lbs, but that ain't much and I'm not at all sure I want to send recoil down my spine right now.

I asked him about shooting and he said "I dunno nutt'n about no shooting". So, I'm pretty much inclined to not to do anything that can possibly fuck this fusion up and I'll wait until he cuts me loose. I got to figure I'm only 75% of the way thru a 4 month recovery so even though I feel pretty damn good now, its still healing.

But, if you ever wanted to just pop over to see it one evening, come on by. I'll buy you a beer. :cool:

Otherwise, I'll let you know in Jul when I'm back to shooting and we can head to a range for some fun.

Cool?

Reactions: TheOE800
    Removing and installing suppressor covers is the most annoying aspect of most cover's designs.

This design seems to solve that. Not the most aesthetically elegant design though.

I received a Can Chap today for my TBAC Ultra-9 Gen. 2, and I'm VERY pleased!!!!

Here are my initial impressions on fit and finish.
    • It's very light, and it has a SUPER thin profile.
    • Even without tightening the straps, the cover DOES NOT move.
    • The bungee cord on the back is a very nice touch.
    • Easy to put on and take off. I personally like the G-Hooks as they aid in that process.
    • The materials are top quality, and the stitching is FANTASTIC.
    From the feedback that I've received from others the cover does an excellent job mitigating mirage, and if that's the case, Nick has hit a home run with the Can Chap.

Completely forgot to post my range report… Very pleased with mine as well.

Didn’t go nuts, but did do 20+ rounds (a box plus a few loose rounds already in one of the mags) in a little under 4 minutes to see how much it’d heat up the Dead Air Nomad LT. Basically as fast as I could reload the two mags I had on me that day, and get back on the trigger.

Hard to tell in this crappy cell phone pic where I let it focus on the end of the scope, LoL, but at the end of that string you could just barely see the heat mirage coming off the titanium can:

IMG_2706.jpeg

Normally I can’t see a thing through the scope with this can if I shoot a box that quickly, so (not surprisingly) a huge improvement over a raw/bare titanium can for sure.

Two thumbs up. 👍🏻👍🏻

IMG_2708.jpeg

So, I take it that since the insides of this cover are so grippy, one can leave it on even when spinning on/removing a direct thread suppressor?

Not direct thread but it stays on plenty fine while threading onto my Hellfire mounts.
    I direct thread my suppressors and these stay on fine. I'm very happy with mine.

Thx for the feedback, guys.

Also, the maker might look into curved g-hooks…the flat hooks look a little odd.

Anyone else use these covers installed while spinning on/off a direct thread can?

Reactions: gebhardt02
    Any chance of having one of these covers for a HUXWRX OSS HX-QD 556 TI? Length of the can is 6.7 inches.

Any chance of having one of these covers for a HUXWRX OSS HX-QD 556 TI? Length of the can is 6.7 inches.

You may already know this...

Their website states that the use is primarily for the precision rifle. But they have been tested for one mag dumps on small frame ARs.

The diameter has to be selected from a drop down when ordering. The closest diameter that they offer for the HX-QD 556 TI is 1 5/8" (1.625"). The diameter of the HX-QD 556 TI is 1.6".

When ordering you enter the length of the can in the order notes.

Might be best to contact Scope Chaps directly.

https://www.scopechaps.com/product-page/can-chaps
    [email protected]
    406-480-4901