• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mayweather vs McGregor

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Who ya got? I think Floyd wins, but i'm praying Conner connects with that left and Floyd crumbles that would be fantastic.

I really don't care either way who wins, but there's something else I'd like to address. Have you seen them circus acts they call press conferences? They are so staged and over the top they seem like an episode of Jerry Springer. I understand it's meant for promotion and psyching up the fans, but tone it the fuck down a bit!

I can't stand Mayweather and have disliked him for a long time now. I'm rooting for Conor but i just can't see it. If he can connect that left though...could be it. He has a chance but Floyd is the best boxer in his weight class for a reason. Note i refuse to call him the best boxer ever, it's not gone happen. He's too much of an opportunist. Just like how Conor agreed to go winner takes all and he wouldn't do it. I think Conor would fight him just to prove him wrong, just to tackle another obstacle, and claim yet another feat that noone else has done in UFC or the world i suppose.

I can't stand McGregor and wish he'd get beat silly. He belongs in the Octagon and not the boxing ring.

However, I expect a boring match in which Mayweather wins a decision. On the other hand, since I feel that boxing is rigged, I can totally seeing McGregor winning so that we have a multi-billion dollar rematch.

It's either Mcgregor by KO in less than 5 or Floyd takes the decision. The biggest payday is for Mcgregor to win and take this to a trilogy. They wouldn't be able to spend all the money they would make in three lifetimes. If the money is the end-game there's no reason for Mcgregor to fight in the UFC again. I've got better things to spend $100 on though.

McGregor is going to keep Mayweather out of his comfort zone. Like the video said, McGregor is going to fight him, not box him. Wouldn't be the first time an Irish fighter wins in a total upset victory. Mayweather can't take a punch like McGregor can either.

Utterly disappointed in the fight but i guess it was to be expected. To Conor's credit it was the most interesting fight in recent years Mayweather has been in. It was nice to see Mayweather actually be aggressive for once. I don't understand the stamina of either but i figured Conor would be more than fit to last 12, 3 minute rounds, considering UFC. Kind of sour about it, wanted to see Floyd go down but meh, they'll both spend more money than i'll make in my lifetime so i guess having an affinity for one over the other is rather moot.

Damn! This thread started while I was working so I had no idea it had started. As a former boxer I had to root for Mayweather. That being said, McGregor is much more entertaining to watch. That, & all of the wrestling in MMA fucking kills me. Fighters should fight, i.e. throwing punches, kicks, knees, elbows, etc. Two sweaty guys rolling around on the ground is not entertaining. Flame suit on.

Not that it counts now, but my prediction was Mayweather in 12. I didn't see (in my crystal ball) Mayweather stalking McGregor in the later rounds. When McGregor was obviously gassed Mayweather was still fresh. As I posted in PPB's boxing thread, experience is key. How many times has Floyd fought in late rounds? McGregor? The numbers are pretty lopsided.

Aside from a fluke win, this fight was over before it started. I will be the first to say that McGregor performed admirably. He did the best he could w/ what he had; a good chin & lots of heart. The only observation I'll make that may be a bit controversial is that McGregor didn't have any power. I heard a lot of hype about McGregor's power. Where was the power?

PS I really liked Mayweather's post fight interview. I really liked the fact that he referred to Rocky Marciano as "The Legend" while refusing to compare his career to Marciano. That was classy.

PSS McGregor's post fight interview came off well. He probably gained a lot of fans tonight. For my part, I respect him as a fighter.

Last edited:
    Damn! This thread started while I was working so I had no idea it had started. As a former boxer I had to root for Mayweather. That being said, McGregor is much more entertaining to watch. That, & all of the wrestling in MMA fucking kills me. Fighters should fight, i.e. throwing punches, kicks, knees, elbows, etc.

Not that it counts now, but my prediction was Mayweather in 12. I didn't see (in my crystal ball) Mayweather stalking McGregor in the later rounds. When McGregor was obviously gassed Mayweather was still fresh. As I posted in PPB's boxing thread, experience is key. How many times has Floyd fought in late rounds? McGregor? The numbers are pretty lopsided.

Aside from a fluke win, this fight was over before it started. I will be the first to say that McGregor put up a good fight. He did the best he could w/ what he had; a good chin & lots of heart. The only observation I'll make that may be a bit controversial is that McGregor didn't have any power. I heard a lot of hype about McGregor's power. Where was the power?

PS I really liked Mayweather's post fight interview. I really liked the fact that he referred to Rocky Marciano as "The Legend" while refusing to compare his career to Marciano. That was classy.

Mayweather was more classy tonight than i've ever seen him. Why he couldn't have stuck with that demeanor his entire career is beyond me. If he was like he was tonight i'd love the guy. I just loathe him 90% of the time though. I guess that's somewhat hypocritical but Conor hasn't been prosecuted for beating his wife or threatened to hit a broadcaster. The fight was solid for about 7 rounds. For McGregor's debut it wasn't bad by any means.

About McGregor's power i think it was more of the restriction of boxing and Floyd adequately dodging/blocking in the early rounds to offset that. That's the thing in UFC if you just cradle your face with your hands it's not going to do shit. Because their are several several angles of attack. Hammer fist in particular. You can blatantly hold an opponent with one hand and beat the shit out of him with the other. Not legal in boxing. The guy's power is there. I think if anything of McGregor is undoubtedly true it's that. If he connects with this left, said person is about to get wobbly.

Other reason i can't stand mayweather is that as i said before he doesn't really go out on a limb and choose fights he's not statistically favored in. I mean think about it...even if Floyd was McGregor's age do you think for one second he would rise to the challenge and enter the Octagon like McGregor entered the ring? Not a fucking chance.

5RWill,

I agree w/ you on all counts. Tonight Floyd conducted himself like a gentleman. McGregor did as well. Based on McGregor's performance tonight, I'd watch him fight again. I'll have to watch a few McGregor fights on YouTube. I want to see the power shots.

Its a different game w/ different mechanics. I can understand it from that aspect; like 3 Gun vs PRS. I'm watching the post fight interview right now. I'm half expecting McGregor to start fighting as a boxer now. He seems to have been bitten by that bug. I'm watching McGregor now, & I expect to see him in the squared circle again. I'll watch. Count me in.

There was never any other way for this to go, barring a lucky shot from Mcgregor. I was rooting for him though. The only fair thing would be for Mayweather to try UFC, and thats not happening. Vastly different disciplines. Last night highlighted my dislike for boxing, I haven't watched it since the 90's, and it'll take another spectacle like this for me to watch it again.

I have watched every Mayweather fight and i think this is the most punches he has ever taken. It was good to see him be able to actually take a punch. I wish the ref wouldn't of stopped it. I like both fighters but i wanted to see conor get knocked out.

fight was a fucking joke......Ref kept pulling Mcgreggor off any time Maywether was getting his ass kicked........and Maywether just fucking turtled the entire fight.

and the Ref jumps in the second Maywether landed a few solid punches and calls a TKO.........fucking Mcgreggor could have easily kept fighting........the fight was rigged from the start.....ide be pissed if i actually paid for that shit.

Enjoyed the fight. I understand that all the money was a sexy selling point for the fighters to do this, but these guys are awesome at what they do. McGregor had a great post speech in the ring after the fight. Dude is pretty cool. And for what it's worth, Maywether fought a smart fight. Not taking a beating and popping people is what he is best at. Maybe the will put in a kangaroo vs GSP next.

fight was a fucking joke......Ref kept pulling Mcgreggor off any time Maywether was getting his ass kicked........and Maywether just fucking turtled the entire fight.

and the Ref jumps in the second Maywether landed a few solid punches and calls a TKO.........fucking Mcgreggor could have easily kept fighting........the fight was rigged from the start.....ide be pissed if i actually paid for that shit.

Agreed brother. Having fought boxers and tried to box fighters, I'll just fight any day.

From the the beginning of round one I said that there was NO WAY Vegas would let that fight escape their grasp. I think it was like 89% betting on McGregot. Watch the old Ali / Wepner bout to see the integrity of boxing.

Last edited:
    Talk about great fights? Anyone ever see James Toney vs Mike McCallum 1 & 2? I never saw the third fight so I'll refrain from commenting, but the first two fights were great.

I saw that too. What a fucking joke? Only it wasn't funny. I had it 116 - 112 w/ Lederman. I thought was accurate. When I heard the judges scorecards, one judge scored it 118 - 110 Alvarez! I'm not sure that guy was watching the same fight. That was a fucking scam. GGG was clearly the winner. I'm sure Alvarez was thrilled w/ the decision. I mean, in terms of a blemish to your record, a rematch resulting in another solid payday (GGG will not let that sit the way it is), & to avenge an ass-whooping at your expense? Hell yes Alvarez is fucking thrilled!

GGG must be satisfied w/ his performance. He took a bit of time to feel to Alvarez the first 2 rounds. But, GGG was clearly the aggressor who landed better power punches from the start of the third round onward. Alvarez looked to have better conditioning in the early rounds, but he looked to be on rubber legs in the last two rounds or so. GGG won that fight fair and square. I know it's cliche' but "He was robbed."

I don't care who won in an organized match. That's just games boys. I want to see who would really win. To me street fights are what proves a man. take the pain and if you want it enough you will win.

I saw that too. What a fucking joke? Only it wasn't funny. I had it 116 - 112 w/ Lederman. I thought was accurate. When I heard the judges scorecards, one judge scored it 118 - 110 Alvarez! I'm not sure that guy was watching the same fight. That was a fucking scam. GGG was clearly the winner. I'm sure Alvarez was thrilled w/ the decision. I mean, in terms of a blemish to your record, a rematch resulting in another solid payday (GGG will not let that sit the way it is), & to avenge an ass-whooping at your expense? Hell yes Alvarez is fucking thrilled!

GGG must be satisfied w/ his performance. He took a bit of time to feel to Alvarez the first 2 rounds. But, GGG was clearly the aggressor who landed better power punches from the start of the third round onward. Alvarez looked to have better conditioning in the early rounds, but he looked to be on rubber legs in the last two rounds or so. GGG won that fight fair and square. I know it's cliche' but "He was robbed."

Agreed. Canelo had short moments where he would land a few good punched. GGG usually dominated most of every round. Canelo can't win by running. GGG will probably land a lot more power punched in the rematch.

Alvarez did well the first 2 rounds overall. After that GGG brought the fight to Alvarez for the remaining 10 rounds. Alvarez landed a big right in the 2nd of 3rd round & GGG realized he could take that punch all night so he walked through it to land his own punches. Alvarez had his moments throughout the fight landing a solid jab & counter-punching. Once Alvarez lost his legs, I was surprised he survived. GGG has good power but couldn't land anything big. I was impressed w/ GGG in the fact that his cardio was so solid. In a rematch, look for Alvarez to have better conditioning & more counter-punching.

I knew Alvarez wasn't going to win this fight. The fact that he couldn't stop a fucking journeyman stiff like Chavez jr really showcased his lack of power. He couldn't cut the ring off & even beat him down w/ a weakass flurry a la Mayweather - McGregor exposed his lack of command in the ring. Rant over.

It was an OK fight overall. I miss the days when there were quality fighters in every weight class. For me, I lost a lot of interest when Lennox Lewis retired.

Last edited:
    McGregor was a f***ing joke trying to pass himself off as a Professional Boxer. I don't think he threw a SINGLE punch that was not an arm punch or even bitch slap! He is a powerful man but his arms are not the same as the Champ using his position and entire body to throw repeatedly. Forget a remix. It would take at least 10 years to get McGregor to throw a proper punch. I will give him his due for Unlimited Fighting but I doubt he would make it against the best of baseball, football, or hockey either.

Clearly McGregor was over-matched. We're beating a dead horse again. You make several good points in regards to throwing powerful punches. Not everyone is a power puncher. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling, etc but power has nothing to do w/ how much weight you can lift. I've seen welterweights that hit like heavyweights. No shit. I've also seen big guys that hit like bitches. It's all about mechanics. Also, you can't teach power; you either have it or you don't.But, I would hate to tell anyone I got TKO'd by a guy that throws nothing but pitter-patter punches! Imagine getting knocked out by boxing's biggest bitch? That is precisely what McGregor called Mayweather.