• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McCann MIRS Rail on a REM M24?

Curnow26

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Any body ever use one. I was wandering if this would be a good upgrade for a M24. I noticed that the MIRS might be kinda on th high side for how low th comb is on the M24 stock.I will probly never use a night optic, but you never know. Could i see some pics. Feel free to post them.
Thanks

Re: McCann MIRS Rail on a REM M24?

They are a solid piece of kit for the LA 700. Of the ones I have seen in use we have never had a problem when properly installed.

If you have no use for a SLAD or NVD I would say it is a waste of money that could be spent on ammo.

Pics to follow.

Plus it would add unwanted weight if your not going to use nv

One pic

sgkahf.jpg

If you don't mind modifying your stock then I think the badger EFR might be a bit better as far as weight is concerned.

If you want to remain "spec" then I think the MIRS is pretty much the only choice for an extended rail.

If you're not going to use a clip-on NVD system, then you don't need it. I don't personally care for the height it adds either.

The weight is not a problem as it is mostly a bench rifle, I was hopeing that the weight would mellow down the recoil when using the bipod on the bench,and it also will be used prone with a bipod. My brother in law has a ranch that we can shoot out to 1000. As far as using a NV device it will not be any time soon, They have a barret .416 that they use every once in a while. It is a considerable ammount of money though. But it adds to the cool factor! The height and achieving a comfortable cheekweld was the only thing i was worried about.
Thanks for the advice.

Here is my old setup on a Custom Remington. The weight wasn't too bad but I wouldn't put one on my rifle if I didn't plan on using NV. I would recommend adding a cheek piece if you have one installed, since it does add quite a bit of height.

sniper4.jpg

Its exeptionally high, why not go for IMUNS instead or similar solution?

Håkan

Yeah they are really high, Thanks for the pics i could not find any taht let me see just how tall they are. I was looking into the MIRS because it is the base the military uses and it would be an authentic add on. Guess its a toss up. Ill have to think about it a bit more.
Thanks everybody.

Definetly try to get behind one before you buy, as said above they are super high, but nothing a cheek piece won't fix.

yes the cheek piece fixes the cheek, but the butplate is not only to low, it's after the mirs even more to low.

Håkan

I believe the army uses both mirs and mars rail If I had to pick I would get the mars