• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

McLeod Precision Stabilator Pro but for Manners.

Defender32

Whiskey & Hammers Help
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 28, 2020
    West KY
    I tend to venture down different rabbit hole tunnels in the pursuit of balance and usability over adding LOTS of products to my kit. I like my plate and bag from time to time but I found it less and less useful as I was able to get stable and level doing other things or so I thought. Then realized it wasn't all that and started looking again. Nation wide friendships develop the more matches we shoot and the more we communicate on the inner webs. @littlepod had a cool Rail Plate that was also his ARCA rail. 2 for 1 and removed extra weights from the system w/ balance still being great.

@McLeod_Precision Stabilator Pro. It is designed to work on Chassis like MPA and others with Mlok slots in the bottom. I took one and Home Machined with drill press for it to work on the Manners Stocks that utilize the Factory Manners Weighted ARCA Rail with the 3 - 1/4-20 screws. This rail is mostly found on the TCS, PRS1 & PRS2. I also believe it is an option on most others like the T4 & Team stocks. I'll show you pictures below, but I am no machines and my work is CRUDE!! Kevin is going to feel the waters and see if there is enough interest for him to add this to the lineup and make it a factory option. If you're interested let them know. I am going to continue to work with them on a couple of Manners mounting options for their different bolt patterns. 419 rail and Manners rails. Hopefully it could be made in 1 piece instead of 2 different ones.

I ran mine for my first match this weekend and it was great. I never had an issue where it was to big, wide or in the way. It works amazingly well. My front support bag of choice is an Armageddon Gear Schmedium and the support of the 2 is rock solid. I will have more practice in with it, but I am 100% ready to have Kevin go for it with the hole pattern needed.

IMG_1244.jpegIMG_1247.jpegIMG_1248.jpegIMG_1249.jpegIMG_1250.jpeg

Youtube Video

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mark_Dorman
    I run the Stabilator Pro with a schmedium as well for centerfire. Works great. Only difference is I run an XRS chassis.

Reactions: Defender32
    Good deal. With a Chassis it's a simple setup and mount. Not much available for a stock. Thats part of why I'm trying to get them on the right path to get a piece of the market left out.

I don't run a chassis as I just don't get comfortable behind them and not be 25+ lb for my Rimfire.

I was just trying to do this for a TCS this weekend. Bought “Da Rail” from DST Precision but the middle section was too narrow for the TCS forend. I’d be interested in this setup no doubt.

Awesome. It works 100%. Contact Kevin at let him know your interested.

That would be amazing!!!! I know manners is working on a Rimfire version of the TCS and will have a Mini Chassis M5 BM inlet for you to Supply your own BM. The MDT fits that bill 100%. It is flawless in my Foundation and Manners LRH stocks. Im wanting to order a TCS now for my center fire and see if they will put the M5 mimi chassis in it.

TCS Rimfire - MDT BM, Stabilator + Bag Stop would be awesome. Now I just need to figure out how to get the stabilator to play nice with me wanting to use the OBi stuff for field matches where I want to connect it to my backpack.

Thats the other thing I'm going to ask.

Can the very front have a machined circle in it for a QD cup!!! I use the OBI system as well and really like them.

Hey guys, Kevin here. @Defender32 has tested and asked for a run of these. I have asked Manners to provide the specs on the hole pattern. Hopefully they can provide this. Otherwise, I am going to need one of your chassis shipped to me so I can pull my own measurements.

If you are interested in one, please send me a DM or email to [email protected]. I will open up pre-orders if enough of you get together on it. I expect the lead time is around 10 days once I get the TCS hole pattern. I do have @ZCOklahoma on my list already.

The specs would be the same as the MPA version except for the hole pattern change.

https://mcleodprecision.com/products/pro-plate-v3

Regarding the OBI. There is not enough meat on the edge for a QD cup hole. However, you can do it yourself with a drill and tap using this mount option from OBI https://oldballsinc.com/products/obi-link-system-anywhere-post I have not tried this out myself, I do have an OBI but it is on my MDT chassis that I am running right now. I will have some goodies for that chassis in the future.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Hey guys, Kevin here. @Defender32 has tested and asked for a run of these. I have asked Manners to provide the specs on the hole pattern. Hopefully they can provide this. Otherwise, I am going to need one of your chassis shipped to me so I can pull my own measurements.

If you are interested in one, please send me a DM or email to [email protected]. I will open up pre-orders if enough of you get together on it. I expect the lead time is around 10 days once I get the TCS hole pattern. I do have @ZCOklahoma on my list already.

The specs would be the same as the MPA version except for the hole pattern change.

https://mcleodprecision.com/products/pro-plate-v3

Regarding the OBI. There is not enough meat on the edge for a QD cup hole. However, you can do it yourself with a drill and tap using this mount option from OBI https://oldballsinc.com/products/obi-link-system-anywhere-post I have not tried this out myself, I do have an OBI but it is on my MDT chassis that I am running right now. I will have some goodies for that chassis in the future.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    If Manners can not provide it I have no issues shipping you a stock.

@Chopping Broccoli Got you down for one.

Let me know what you have in mind for laser. I can't put Manners on there, probably trademarked. Come up with something small, it will be going on the top of the nose and only for the first run of orders.

Thanks to some time with @Defender32 I have dimensions. Manners stayed dark on that. We will confirm same hole pattern on TCS next week and I will start the process and open up pre-orders. Ready to ship about a week after that.

Thanks guys.

Kevin

Reactions: ZCOklahoma
    @Defender32 How do you like the "sawtooth" portion down the sides? Does it help with grip? I'm wondering if they were left off where the elongated holes are, if a bag could be attached via straps.

@Defender32 How do you like the "sawtooth" portion down the sides? Does it help with grip? I'm wondering if they were left off where the elongated holes are, if a bag could be attached via straps.
    I like it. I have no issues with it. Its spacing is great for thumb placement on either side. I just spent 3 hours at the range for a practice session shooting Strong & Support side. I am 100% sold on the Stabilator Pro as a great addition to the Manners Stock.

After lots of emails and 1 phone call with Kevin I believe we have the holes and mounting setup ready for a PRS1 & PRS2 with factory Manners Weighted rail ready to be swapped to a Stabilator Pro attached with the 3- 1/4x20 cap screws.

IMG_1353.jpeg

So awesome watching this come together :) I think it's a perfect match with the Manners... and now I'm looking at getting a Manners :)

The next v4 should figure out how to integrate the bag stop a little more seamless, that'd be awesome.

Guys,

Would you be up for a little up charge to have the Stabilator Pro Manners rails to be Black or keep them the Carbon Gray?

Guys,

Would you be up for a little up charge to have the Stabilator Pro Manners rails to be Black or keep them the Carbon Gray?
    @Defender32 verified correct fitment on PRS1 and TCS. I am machining these now. Cerakote tomorrow.

If you do not have your order in yet, please do it now and if you want black, please specify in the NOTES when you checkout. I will need an accurate count. Black is not my normal color, so this is going to be a special run.

Thanks guys!
    Kevin

I just got in two of these for "MLOK" in the grey. Already installed one on my XLR Envy Pro with my RimX. My Envy Pro is black and the grey looks great for me. Look forward to trying out this weekend.

If you want your Manners Stabilator Pro in Black Place your order and put Black in the notes. Kevin is Cutting tonight, Spraying Saturday & should ship on Monday.

The black I use is Cerakote E-100 Blackout, has a semi-gloss to it. The Hunter Rest below is in this black, for reference. Double check you like it.

Attachments

• 1000000863.jpg
      1000000863.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 18
    Below you will see the video of the Manners Stabilator Pro V3 from @McLeod_Precision . This is in the raw. I received it on Friday 5/17 and ran it for 2 matches Saturday & Sunday on the Manners TCS. it is 100% Flawless and I can't wait for you guys that have ordered to have it in your hands and on your rigs.

The fitment is FLAWLESS. Kevin took a great product and adapted it over for us Manners Guys. If you want one go order it and if you want it black pay for the optional upgrade and put that in the notes of your order. Just know it's going to ship 2-3 weeks after order. He sprays color in batches to save on wasted product.

Received my Manners TCS Stabilator Pro yesterday. Here are my thoughts

1. Packaged well and arrived quickly. You feel the quality when you open it.

2. Dark gray color is just plain sexy to me

3. Fit and finish are great. It really keeps the rifle forend from “rolling” on a bag. I plan to run it in a match this weekend and will provide an update once I do.

I would 100% buy again

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpeg
      IMG_5478.jpeg
      372.6 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_5479.jpeg
      IMG_5479.jpeg
      335.6 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_5480.jpeg
      IMG_5480.jpeg
      269.5 KB · Views: 12
    I 100% agree with you on how it rides a barricade and bag.

When you put the Gray on a matt finished stock it's amazing. The Black on a Gloss Finished stock I believe is going to be awesome as well.

I wanted to have Kevin leave one of mine in the raw aluminum!!

Received my Manners TCS Stabilator Pro yesterday. Here are my thoughts

1. Packaged well and arrived quickly. You feel the quality when you open it.

2. Dark gray color is just plain sexy to me

3. Fit and finish are great. It really keeps the rifle forend from “rolling” on a bag. I plan to run it in a match this weekend and will provide an update once I do.

I would 100% buy again
    Thanks, the feedback is appreciated. Enjoy the match this weekend!

Here is a comparison between the Manners Arca and the Stabilator for those who are wondering. If possible, I'd like to see the Stabilator wrap the mag well at the end like the Manners does and have a little bigger hole for my front action screw. I had to install the barreled action before I added the rail but its no big deal.

IMG_5481.jpeg

Here is a comparison between the Manners Arca and the Stabilator for those who are wondering.

View attachment 8424903
    Try putting a small gap between the Stabilator and the magwell. You might get a harmonic if they touch. Maybe not. Give it a try. Easy to test since the slots are there making it easy to shift it.

Reactions: ZCOklahoma
    Below you will see the video of the Manners Stabilator Pro V3 from @McLeod_Precision . This is in the raw. I received it on Friday 5/17 and ran it for 2 matches Saturday & Sunday on the Manners TCS. it is 100% Flawless and I can't wait for you guys that have ordered to have it in your hands and on your rigs.

The fitment is FLAWLESS. Kevin took a great product and adapted it over for us Manners Guys. If you want one go order it and if you want it black pay for the optional upgrade and put that in the notes of your order. Just know it's going to ship 2-3 weeks after order. He sprays color in batches to save on wasted product.

Thank you for posting this!

Here is a comparison between the Manners Arca and the Stabilator for those who are wondering. If possible, I'd like to see the Stabilator wrap the mag well at the end like the Manners does and have a little bigger hole for my front action screw. I had to install the barreled action before I added the rail but its no big deal.

View attachment 8424903
    I was thinking I wanted that as well when I was working with Kevin on the design. All that’s required is to loosen the 3 screws and slide it forward. I actually left mine in the forward most position to leave the action screw exposed. This also gains a little more forward weight and more plate as I use the GrayOps CNC Barricade/ Bag Stop.