• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan A-3 Sporter

TAC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2006
Oregon
I was in Phoenix last week with a free afternoon, so I called McMillan and asked if I could get a tour of their facility and check on the progress of a stock I have ordered; they said come on in.

While waiting for Lynn to free up I handled the stocks on the wall and saw a hunting stock I had not seen before. It's new this year and was introduced at this years Shot show, the A-3 Sporter. It's got an ambidextrous butt (no raised cheek), an A-5 type pistol grip, and a small semi-round beaver tail for end - much lighter than the HTG and a very nice design.

They are available but not in the catalog that I can see. I'm curious if anyone has built on one of these yet and what their impressions are in the field?

Re: McMillan A-3 Sporter

I have. It's a nice stock, but the forearm is a little fat for a hunting style stock, which is what this was trying to do. I prefer the straight A3