• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing McMillan A5 stock fit?

jamesbern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
CT
EDIT: Nevermind actually. Just ordered a AICS 1.5
grin.gif

I have this Rem 700 .308
Specs:
Bell and Carlson stock
Wyatt outdoors detachable magazine kit with three 5 round mags
Timney trigger 1.5-3lbs

remington700done.jpg

I like the stock, but have my heart set on a McMillan A5 in GAP Camo. I want a stock that is going to allow me to order it, open the package, and install the action/barrel with minimal of work done. If I really start getting into long range, then I would eventually start getting stuff done. Bedding, pillars, barrel, etc. Is this going to be possible without doing any bedding or whatever else people do? Stockys told me it would be a drop in, with possibly minor work fitting the bottom metal kit. If that is the case, can I fit the bottom metal carefully with a dremel?

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-620/McMillan-A5-Adjustable-Tactical/Detail

EDIT: My other idea, which I like as well,is dropping it into an Accuracy International stock, probably a 1.0 or 2.0.