• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Mcmillan A5 vs Manners T4, school me please.

exhogflyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
Near Albany, NY, USA
I'm about to build up a tactical style rifle for out to 1k shoots and I'm leaning towards a Mcmillan A5 or Manners T4.They LOOK comparable with similar features, but I've never seen a Manners up close, though I currently have 2 Mcmillan equipped rifles ( an A3 and A5)and like the feel.Thoughts anyone? Thanks all in advance....

Re: Mcmillan A5 vs Manners T4, school me please.

Personally, A5 all the way. I just dont like the feel of a painted rifle stock.

I have had the A5 and the T2 (T4 without butt hook), and they are very similar. I don't think you can go wrong with either one personally. I also like that you can get the moulded in colors with McMillan, but ergonomically they are very close.

The T4 has a sharper angle on the grip similar to Mcmillans A4 stock. The T2 and the A5 are pretty much identical. I am not a real fan of the T4, it just doesn't fit my hand well. But I have a safe full of the T2's.

I also perfer McM gel coat over Manners paint, but you can get a Manners alot faster than a McM.

I prefer the Manners... lighter, and just "feels" stiffer....
crazy.gif

I've gone to Manners exclusively. Aside from geting them quicker, you couldn't deal with a better guy and the quality of the stocks are top notch. Too much forend flex in the McMillan. The Manners is significantly stiffer due to more material in the stock.

Thank you all for the input and info,so far I guess I'm leaning towards the Manners.And it can't hurt to try something new, right?

i love the manners t2 great stock.

i used to be leary of the manners bc i loved the mcm gelcoat, but after picking up a painted manners over the summer, they are both great stocks and have no issues with either, both mcm and manners make great stocks

i prefer the following

1. mcm a3/5
2. manners t2---very close 2nd over a5
3. mcm a5--neck and neck with t2
4. manners msc-t
5. mcm a1-3

I love the molded in camo McMillan A5 but I don't like waiting over half a year so I get the T4. Like them quite a bit. It doesn't get any stronger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spot69221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A5 if your pimp'n,

T2 if your workin. </div></div>

im a workin pimp.

A5 all the way, though the Manners are great stocks as well. Just my preference is the A5

I have a T4A on my Stiller and like it very much. I would agree with some other that is feels a little more rigid than the Mcmillan. Like it was stated before the T4 is more like the A4. The A5 would be similar to the T2 but no hook the T4 has a more parallel forearm if I remember correctly.

Do the McMs come with pillars already installed? I know the Manners are already machined for them but their not installed.

Mcm can either drill for pillars or install them for you. You just have to tell them what you want.