• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes McMillan-Ceracote Colors?

Zion4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
New York
I think I'm going to go with an A4 stock with a McCamo (McMillan Camo) and wanted by barrel/optic to match some of the colors in the stock (at least until I get bored of it and have the balls to take some Krylon to all of it).

Does anyone know how the colors equate (or if they do at all). I saw somewhere that someone said they were completely unrelated. In that case, has anyone done something similar and if so what Ceracote colors did you go with?

Re: McMillan-Ceracote Colors?

I am not sure how they relate but according to the guy at McMillan that I spoke with the color scheme is 6 colors: Light Tan, Medium Tan, Dark Tan, Woodland Beige, OD, Dark Brown.

I was thinking about going with a similar pattern but only keeping four of the colors. Dropping the Medium and Dark Tan. Adding Woodland (Dark) Green and Medium Gray. But I am chicken because I don't know how it would turn out.

Don't know how the cerakote would match up. The desert sage seems similar to woodland beige. And McMillan OD and McMillan Tan is bound to be similar. They put those on the Tac Series I think.

Without looking at them side by side it would be hard to tell for certain but I am sure a good rifle maker who uses both could help you figure it out. McMillan probably would too, they are super nice folks. Give them a call.