• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

McMillan HTG stock (I might be going senile)

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
My crack pipe isn't hot to the touch I swear. I'm trying to decide between a McMillan m40 HTG. Rifle is currently in an H&S stock, but I've always wanted the smooth HTG in woodland camo. They were still cool when I was in high school and still find them cool today. My junior year, the Marine recruiters at FFA national convention had one on display with a few other rifles (probably a dummy). Just seemed cool to me. I was going to use an m5 based dbm on it instead of a 700 or mod 70 floorplate. Would I be screwing up going from the H&S to the McMillan. Gun would mostly be hunting/ with some bench time here and there.

Last edited:
Yes, put the crack pipe down. Spend that money on another rifle or custom build. 2 rifles is always better.