• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan makes a ruger 10/22 stock???

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
Got this picture from another board. It looks like a MCM stock.

I would like to know what stock it is exactly.

1022003.jpg

Re: McMillan makes a ruger 10/22 stock???

Don't recognize that as a McMillan.

McMillan does make a few different 10/22 stocks though. They are all listed/pictured on McMillan's website.

I've got the Anschutz Silhouette model on mine.
CopyofIMG_3424.jpg

Looks like a Bell & Carlson Varmint stock to me.

On second glance, it does not...

That's a stock I built. It's 3-ply laminated red oak with fiberglass resin/sawdust texture in the grip areas. I sent it to the owner finished in primer only and he painted it.

Have you come up with the Savage Mark II version yet? Myself and (I'd bet others) are still waiting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slimguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you come up with the Savage Mark II version yet? Myself and (I'd bet others) are still waiting! </div></div>

Yes, I have 3 in walnut that are ready to ship and getting in my way. I listed them here on the trading post about 2 months ago. I'll make a new one for $185+$15 shipping including bottom metal, but I will seriously consider any offer on these 3 I have sitting here. $100? plus shipping?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/savstocks2.jpg

ETA: Sorry, the trading post was listed on RFC. I don't have enough post to list here. I've been keeping my mouth(fingers) shut and learning things I don't know over here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwa11is</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slimguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you come up with the Savage Mark II version yet? Myself and (I'd bet others) are still waiting! </div></div>

Yes, I have 3 in walnut that are ready to ship and getting in my way. I listed them here on the trading post about 2 months ago. I'll make a new one for $185+$15 shipping including bottom metal, but I will seriously consider any offer on these 3 I have sitting here. $100? plus shipping?

</div></div>

Will these fit a Savage 93R17?

Alan

If you make one of those A5 looking stocks to fit a Remmy 581 or 541X we need to talk
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ Brown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwa11is</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slimguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you come up with the Savage Mark II version yet? Myself and (I'd bet others) are still waiting! </div></div>

</div></div>

Will these fit a Savage 93R17?

Alan </div></div>

I'm willing to bet that it will. I'm thinking the newer MKII's and the 93's have the same outer dimensions on the receiver and barrel. If it doesn't fit, I'll split return shipping with you and modify at no extra charge. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I can answer any questions about the orignal post. Here is what the savage stocks are inleted for(late accutrigger version):

ETA: Better pic of inletting. That EGW scope base will fit a 93.

MKIIinlet.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you make one of those A5 looking stocks to fit a Remmy 581 or 541X we need to talk
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

I could do it, but I'd need your action for dimensions and test fitting.

Just a heads up to everyone, I just emailed Chris a buncha pics showing diffences between accutrigger Mark II and nonaccutrigger 93R17 to see if he thinks they'll work. I want that first stock pictured exactly for my 93R17!

I'm no gunsmith (nor a cabinet maker). But recent pictures of stock making projects have piqued my interest. I think a .22 is a logical place to start on a project of my own. I have a few hunches about stocks and rimfire accuracy, and maybe it's time to breathe a little life into them.

I have some 1x4 pine, a Savage MKII, and a McM A3 stock to use as a partial pattern, making something like a rimfire practice/trainer piece that's ergonomiclaly similar to my .260 Rem fullbore rifle. The ergonomics of the original black plastic stock leave a bit to be desired when attempting to wrap my 6' 5" frame around it.

Greg

Greg,

Pine is very soft - I think you'll find even the light recoil of a .22 will result in deformation of the wood. If you're going to go with pine, I'd guess you probably have to do a very thorough bedding job to strengthen the wood-metal interface areas. This will also help reduce warping resulting from exposure of interior wood to environmental conditions.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Paul. I'm giving thought to bedding the first portion of the barrel, and doing something tricky to mount the scope to the same section of the barrel.

This is a sorta proof-of-concept experiment. If all I wanted was a stock, I'd buy one.

Greg

Pine is great for practice runs. You wouldn't want to use it as a full finished stock, but I use it alot for figuring out dimensions. It's dirt cheap, if not free, and easy on your tools. Once you know what what your doing at the pine's expense, you'll have confidence cutting the good wood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedMan*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent.
Just say no to butt hooks.

Thanks,
Stu </div></div>

Ha Ha. Yea, without a bipod, they serve no purpose. The Appleseed Project inspired me to make this:

It depends on what you want to do with your rifle.

ASsp3.jpg

Greg,
I think that if you find some close grained southern yellow pine, it would work fine for a 22 stock. Much harder and tuffer than others. Pretty, too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwa11is</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a stock I built. It's 3-ply laminated red oak with fiberglass resin/sawdust texture in the grip areas. I sent it to the owner finished in primer only and he painted it. </div></div>

Do you have any 10/22 stocks in walnut available for sale?

+1 for any 10/22 stocks for sale. Same deal w/the texture in the grip areas. I could prime and paint it. Very interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwa11is</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedMan*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent.
Just say no to butt hooks.

Thanks,
Stu </div></div>

Ha Ha. Yea, without a bipod, they serve no purpose. The Appleseed Project inspired me to make this:

It depends on what you want to do with your rifle.

ASsp3.jpg
</div></div>

Pm sent regarding a 10/22 stock.

sure would be nice if you could post a brief pictoral of how too's... similar to the rifle bedding threads... i would love to see the process and maybe play around with it a bit with some pine to see if i have a knack for it.