• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan problem

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
Is there someone who knows what the name for Mr. McMillan on this forum is. My sister grabbed a vacuum behind my stock knocked it onto the floor and chipped it pretty good. I'll post a pic of it later. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me his Hide name or if this can be fixed (hoping it can)

100_0329-1.jpg

100_0330-1.jpg

Re: Mcmillan problem

Call them direct you would have a better chance of getting a hold of them. They are excellent to work with and can probably fix your stock.

Closed till monday...What a bitch I hate weekends.

Dude that is a nasty chip and really sucks! Please update if/when you get it fix so we can see the before and after photos

"A little Bondo and some paint and it will be good as new". I am sure it can be fixed with a little epoxy. I watched video of one of the McMillan employees driving over a McMillan stock to show how strong it is. It would seem they need to have your sister do their durability testing instead. It would seem she is even more destructive than a Marine.

I didn't even wanna look after hearing the little pieces scatter and hit the walls and what not knowing it got chipped. Maybe she could test them, but I'd like her to test the durability on a stock that I don't own.

your'e kidding right????????

well i guess the only thing left to do is call 911

maybe there is a support group somewhere for sissies like you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your'e kidding right????????

</div></div>

Oh my bad I just received the stock on Monday... thought it would take a little more abuse from all the hype they have gotten.

Ryan Melancon (production manager) goes by ShootToWin on another site. I haven't seen him on here.
Here's his email:

[email protected]

He's a good guy to deal with.

just a little fun

it is fiberglass so the corners are going to be brittle
the rest of the stock will flex without negative effect
but not edges... the tips of the buttstock will chip as well
especially if you buttstroke someone

Why fix it? If function is not affected wa call it 'patina', which tells the story of a rifle.

Gotcha sorry to come off like that, but a new stock to me and haven't even shot it... pretty torqued. I am kinda of a perfectionist when it comes to my rifles.... and this will drive me crazy.

Might just have to sand it down, but also looking at adding some flush cups to it, maybe if I send it in I can also get some of those installed.

I say send it back and I'm sure they will fix it. Broken shit is ok as real battle scars not when your sister busts it up involving the vacuum. I'd want it fixed too. Sorry it happened to u.

Ahh I missed it when I was looking... $51 might not be worth it then....

A dab of marine tex, a little patient filing and sanding, and a squirt of krylon....no big deal.

I would just let it be and go shooting... I am not one for gear cosmetics.

If they don't fix it for free I'll have to take your advice and just rub some dirt on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: (pink)MiST</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your'e kidding right????????

</div></div>

Oh my bad I just received the stock on Monday... thought it would take a little more abuse from all the hype they have gotten. </div></div>

What hype? That chip is really going to F up your accuracy......

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2202318&gonew=1#UNREAD

Just sayin'

Man, I think you are taking this pretty well. I take really good care of my guns and get pissed if they even get a tiny bump without damage. If someone chipped a new Mc stock and it were mine, I would be steaming mad. It's brand new and never been shot. That sucks.

Fortunately, it should not affect function and should be able to be fixed like new.

Hope you get it resolved.

MiST,
Thats a pretty good chip and looks terrible. But, no sweat, we can repair that just like new. The process is simple, just send it back to us with a note explaining the problem and with your name, address and phone number on it. You pay the shipping to get it back to us, the repair is no charge and we pay the shipping back to you. Your cost is less than the $26 for a small patch kit to do it yourself. Turnaround time is a couple of days in house. Ask your sis to do your laundry for a week or so for the hassle.
Dick a McMillans

At least someone understands me. This post wasn't a whining post on my part just trying to get some contact information to figure out what I can do to fix it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MiST,
Thats a pretty good chip and looks terrible. But, no sweat, we can repair that just like new. The process is simple, just send it back to us with a note explaining the problem and with your name, address and phone number on it. You pay the shipping to get it back to us, the repair is no charge and we pay the shipping back to you. Your cost is less than the $26 for a small patch kit to do it yourself. Turnaround time is a couple of days in house. Ask your sis to do your laundry for a week or so for the hassle.
Dick a McMillans </div></div>

Thanks for the quick reply. I might send it in and get some flush cups added. The sad part is my sister is only 6, so she can't do too much, I'll think of something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt send it to McMillan. I know they can fix ti but I doubt they will do it for free. It's going to cost you 40 dollars in shipping alone to shipit both ways. It sucks that it happened but it's just cosmetic and can be fixed. I would use marine Tex or devcon to fix it If you dont want to do it yourself, I would find someone local, it's a pretty minor job. </div></div>

Dick Davis from McMillan just told him how much it was going to be. He also said the only thing the customer would pay for was shipping to McMillan, not a repair nor return shipping?????????

Talk about a warranty and customer service... Appreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt send it to McMillan. I know they can fix ti but I doubt they will do it for free. It's going to cost you 40 dollars in shipping alone to shipit both ways. It sucks that it happened but it's just cosmetic and can be fixed. I would use marine Tex or devcon to fix it If you dont want to do it yourself, I would find someone local, it's a pretty minor job. </div></div>

Dick Davis from McMillan just told him how much it was going to be. He also said the only thing the customer would pay for was shipping to McMillan, not a repair nor return shipping?????????</div></div>
I was just typing that when Deadly was putting his reply in. If Mr. Davis says he will get it fixed and all you have to do is ship it seems like a no-brainier to me. Sounds like stand-up customer service.

That is excellent service, not only fixing it for free, but paying for the return shipping. Obviously, its more than I thought McMillan would do. That is really outstanding customer service. Just one more reason to buy McMillan.

McMillan has somee of the best CS I have ever had to deal with. The cool thing about them is I have never had a real warranty issue. They have been me screwing something up. They take care of it anyway.

They have a customer for life. Dick is a great guy.

And there you have it. Great CS from McM. You can't ask for any more then that.

(pink)mist,

We'll fix the chip and then i'll run it over with my truck for Driftwood.

Must of been a small air bubble under the gelcoat there. We'll fix it asap.

Sell it that stocks useless now.

Ill be glad to take it off your hands.

Just figure it a favor to another hide member
wink.gif

dude, 6? lol, thats classic. id be torn between a fix and making up a great battle story. like that one time at band camp...

Any dealings I have had with them has been outstanding. Kelly was really cool I called one day about 8 years ago and talked to him for about 10 min, before I knew who I was talking too and he gave me a deal of a lifetime...and was just a nice guy to talk to, He laughed when I told him I was going to inlet a tac-50 by hand.

Crockett! where's Tubbs?

Call them and ship it to them. They'll fix it like new at no charge...besides your shipping costs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(pink)mist,

We'll fix the chip and then i'll run it over with my truck for Driftwood.

Must of been a small air bubble under the gelcoat there. We'll fix it asap. </div></div>

I have seen the truck video, not to mention carrying one of your rifles for a while myself. My department bought a couple of your M-86's back before the production switched to Harris Gunworks. I loved the rifle, so much so that when I built my last rifle, I ordered one of your McHale stocks to make something that looked like the M-86. I have to say McMillan’s customer service has always been excellent.

The damage to Pinkmists stock seemed like such a small job, that I didn't think it was worth sending in as the cost in shipping would be more than the fix. I was really shocked for the offer to not only fix the stock, but pay for return shipping. That is beyond what I think could reasonably be expected for any company to do and once again shows why McMillan is such a great company to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crockett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never underestimate the power of a woman and a sweeper </div></div>
Truer words have never been spoken

Now if you can just get a video of one of your stocks surviving an attack from Pinkmists sister and her vacuum, you will be "Golden". If you want to send me a HTG inletted for a Rem 700, preferably in molded in woodland for testing, I will let my wife unleash her destructive powers with her vacuum. I would be happy to provide a video of the testing. Honestly though, your handling of this just shows what great customer service you have. My next stock will definitely be a McMillan, just as my last one was.