• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Stock Question

okr4zyo

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2009
North Dakota
I was wondering realistically how much one of these stocks would help a rifle. For example, let's say my Tikka T3 shoots consistently .5 MOA and its not unusual to shoot under .5 MOA. Would the McMillan stock provide more accuracy over the stock, plastic stock or would it provide just a better consistency with the shots which in turn provides with better accuracy of a rifle?

I am waiting to pull a trigger on a new stock that cost's as much money as these do. Thanks.

Also, I am sure this really will vary between rifles but just want to get some general knowledge.

Re: McMillan Stock Question

It's basically as you stated. You will gain repeatability and in turn more accuracy. Maybe not for a 5 shot group but over the course of a long day at the range you will have more reliability and consistency. Once you start spending money on the more expensive stocks you will be able to gain the same things as far as accuracy is concerned but you need to worry most about what fits you best. Weight, finish, material, grip style, LOP, and adjustability will be the main advantages and things to consider when looking into a new stock.

If you feel more comfortable behind a rifle will also help you stay consistent. If you can get your cheek wield the same every time vs. guessing where your cheek should be due to an improper stock that doesn't fit you correctly.

Yea these are the things that I thought of, however there is no way to get a feel for different stocks except your A4.