• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Stocks - Feedback

ESBVader

Total Noob
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
NC
Just wanted to provide some feedback for those that may be in the same position I was in having never gone through the process. I've never dealt with McMillan before and have never ordered a stock that wasn't pre-fab prior to this experience. Everything I have had prior was either a Chassis (AI, MPA, MDT, Cadex, etc.) or bought used off the Hide PX. I switched to Manners Stocks for my bolt firearms last year and wanted something similar for the Kidd barreled action and saw the A5-22.

I just went through the process of setting up an order from McMillan for the A5-22 (yeah, I know... overkill but I can't help myself. Probably setting myself up for the most expensive 10/22 setup in history... smh) and have to say that their willingness to engage in conversation around what you are wanting to do, options, suggestions and patience while you decide is incredibly impressive. I can't speak for other stock manufacturers but McMillan blew me away with their CS.

I am sure there are others out there like these two but Vudoo Gun Works is the only other company I have personally dealt with that provided CS that was on par with what I have received so far from McMillan.

Now the wait begins!

I wish I could say the same, but my experience (threw my smith, who’s done hundreds if not thousands of stock orders with McMillan) couldn’t have been more opposite. My smith ordered me an A-3 adjustable, the first they sent was cut for the wrong action, the second was the wrong color.. My smith ended up speaking directly with the owner to finally get it right. Furthermore, for my smith, that was the beginning of a trend with McMillan. Unless his clients specifically want and request McMillan, he suggests Manners.

With that all being said, I did end up with the correct stock, a full year after order. The stock is great, but had I known the time and additional mess up after the first, I’d have gone Manners. I hope for the sake of the company everything has been ironed out and running smooth.

Reactions: ESBVader
Josh @ McMillan is who I deal with. Always positive and willing to help. I did however have an issue about a year ago. Placed two stock orders and waited for the confirmation email (2-4 week wait). Received the email and replied that one stock needed to be canceled and other stock but was go. Wait begins and about 4 months into to this I called to inquire about status. Was told both orders had been canceled, of course not happy. I have since used Manners. McMillan does have a great product and is rumored to be developing a CF stock for large magnum rifles, but for now I'm sticking to Manners. I also like the hardware Manners use on the adjustable stocks better.

McMillan is the shizzle.

Sure when I ordered my USMC spec HTG stock I was told - understand completely no problem - and it showed up with a black butt pad that was kind of a problem but when I called them and with absolutely no BS they sent a label took it back and fixed it ASAP than sent direct to my builder all was good.

Its not so much that shit happens its in how you respond when shit happens.

When it comes to customer service McMillan is light years beyond its competitors. We are still dealing with a multitude of issues with one of our stock orders with the “other stock company” going on 18months now. McMillan on the other hand has delivered “as ordered” stocks every time.

I've dealt with McMillan a few times. Nothing but positive experience with them.

I've only have a couple of stocks from them. One was on my 7722 about 25 years ago and the other is my NRA hi power 40 x modified stock. When I got the 77/22 stock they didn't have an enlightening pattern for it yet. They did their research, and let us talk for me and send it out... No charge for the new in what pattern.

My modified for TX, but use, had an issue that was completely my fault... Dropped it and it chipped a couple areas. When I mentioned this to them I was told well that shouldn't have happened send it back and we'll take care of it. When I told them that I didn't buy the stock mu I was told it didn't matter... seems they're always willing to bend over backwards to help their customers.

I haven’t placed any special orders but when I’ve purchased from their inventory I’ve had it within two weeks and without any issues.