• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan stocks for the Tikka T-3 are here!

ShootToWin

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2008
Hey Guys,

Thats right, you read that correctly. We finally are taking orders for the T3. The Tikka T3 will fit into the A2, Adj A3-5 and A5 stocks.

Thought i would let my boys on the Hide know. Thanks.

Re: McMillan stocks for the Tikka T-3 are here!

What bottom metal? Or is the inlet setup for stock bottom plastic/mag combination?

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What bottom metal? Or is the inlet setup for stock bottom plastic/mag combination?

-pd </div></div>

Same question. Also, how long is the wait and how much? Thank you.

The stock will be inletted for the factory plastic DBM bottom metal. We will supply and bed in a steel recoil lug into the McMillan stock.

Delivery time and cost is the same as any other stock.

Could the A4/A5 stock for T3 be inletted for Badger metal DBM or other metal DBM?

How about hunter/sporter stocks for the t3 lite

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will supply and bed in a steel recoil lug into the McMillan stock. </div></div>

This is a VERY good idea and I imagine will help eliminate those unexplained flyers in heavy recoiling Tikka's.

I've owned 4 and all of them beat the tar out of that little aluminum block. My 300WM benefitted greatly from going to a Rem. 700 style Tubbs recoil lug.

This will make a good rifle even better.

John

ciunnc,

I'm not sure if anyone makes an aftermarket DBM for the T3. If they do and you have one, we will write a program for it if you send it in to us.

rath,

Hunting stocks would be sako classic, hunter and varmint patterns. We only have the tikka T3 varmint rifle here at the shop. If you have the Lite or Hunter model, we'll need it here to write the barrel program.

JW Precision,

I know i know!!!

Thanks for the info Ryan, I'm based in Australia so I guess Manners is the only game in town for a straight drop in for a T3 lite.

I love my A5 on the Surgeon though!

Rath

rath,

I'm sure someone in the states will send in their rifle soon enough. Once we get the program written, we can make you a drop in stock without your rifle here.

ekaphoto,

Yes the sako classic and sako hunter patterns will fit the tikka 595/695's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rath,

I'm sure someone in the states will send in their rifle soon enough. Once we get the program written, we can make you a drop in stock without your rifle here.

ekaphoto,

Yes the sako classic and sako hunter patterns will fit the tikka 595/695's. </div></div>

THat's good news, thanks for the heads up and please PM me when you are good to got for a T3 lite.

will do.

Has anyone ordered a stock for their T3 yet? Would be great with some pic's with the system fitted with the standard plastic mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure someone in the states will send in their rifle soon enough. Once we get the program written, we can make you a drop in stock without your rifle here.

</div></div>

Just PM you. Let me know. I'am in AZ. Have a Tikka T3 Lite in 223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rath,

ekaphoto,

Yes the sako classic and sako hunter patterns will fit the tikka 595/695's. </div></div>

Keep in mind that the Magnum T3 Lites have longer barrels than the non-magnums. Not sure if the actual profile is the same and longer or the magnum ends up being larger in dia. at a given place in the stock.

May have to write two programs.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_one_six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone ordered a stock for their T3 yet? Would be great with some pic's with the system fitted with the standard plastic mag. </div></div>

I'm cross-posting this because it is a worthwhile tip for anyone shooting the factory magazines...

FYI for those of you who have tried to use the Tikka T3 action in a single-load-only competition environment (like a Silhouette match).....we know that the .223 version at least is hard to single-load due to the cartridge alignment on top of the magazine. The nose sometimes points down into the barrel shank rather than the chamber.

The solution is actually pretty darn simple. Buy a mag for a T3 in a larger caliber - I have tried both the .308 and the .30-06 mags, and they work just like a "sled" for High Power shooting. Single loading is easy.

Mags too expensive you say? I just bought two to test from www.M4store.net, they got here fast and they were "only" $35 each.

Any chance to get one for lefty T3?

We had a gentleman send in his LH Tikka T3 lite last saturday. After we write the programming for it, LH stock will be available heikkiv.

Has anyone gotten around to trying one of these?

Ryan we make a DBM system for the T3 that uses AICS type magazines. We've got one (some) going to Tom Manners, would you be interested in us sending you one so you can offer the inlet for it.
Its not much different from the standard inlet, just a little wider from the apex of the bend near the front of the magwell in a straight line back to the back of the mag well.
Thats the tactical version.
We've also got a hunting version thats a straight swap for the factory part but made in alloy,it will use the factory plastic mags, but they are not up to much, hence I have steel pressed magazines coming from Voere in Austria next week. so 2 options from us.
Might aswell send you our Howa DBM while we are at it. Its just basicaly a slightly altered standard inlet with the well in the stock taken a little firther out in the 4 corners, the tans and trigger guar bow fit standard.
We've quite a few more mag systems comming along over the next months that will interest guys upgrading thier stocks, especialy guys outside the USA. ( if you guys can still export by then) The more stock manufacturers that inlet for our mag systems, the better they will sell i guess.

You might also want to talk to CDI precision, as they also make mag systems for the T3. ( and the Howa)

regards Pete

Just got my A-5.

Here's a picture.

p1030315t.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_one_six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my A-5.

Here's a picture.

p1030315t.jpg
</div></div>

That is a fantastic looking stock - I bet it shoots just as well as it looks. There's no option for me, I'm just going to have to buy two more Tikka's so I can have an McM and Roedale to go with the Manners and KKC...!!!

Can someone post a list of the Mcmillan stocks that will drop in for a Tikka T3 with sporter barrel.