• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

McMillan Stocks

Depending on the rifle it's a tossup. HTG, A-5, or the Baker Special.

I've only used the A-5 but i love it, just fits me properly and the palm swell isn't too large. Though i always wanted to try the A1-3/A6 for a shorty build.

Have several A-5's

Rugged, molded in colors (or paint it if you prefer).

Can adjust LOP with spacers, so it fits me pretty well

Prefer the KMW Loggerhead hardware for the adjustable cheekrest, tho.

Last edited:
A5's are the fan fav for sure. So for all those users let me ask this, what is the weak point of the design? I've never had access to one with a butt hook and I'm not sure about it.

the stock doesnt have any design flaws as far as im concerned, but if youre asking for more of the "down side" of the stock i would say its kind of big and clunky. its great for prone and bench shooting, but its kind of a lot of stock to be carrying through brush on a hunt. im sure some guys will say that its fine for everything and i agree it wont keep you from doing anything you need to, but there are definitely stocks a little smaller, lighter and easier to handle for quick offhand shooting/hunting applications.

I dig my two A5s; I find the palm swell to be Goldilocks perfect. Haven't really done any offhand or positional shooting with them but I did stand hunt with one last year, and experienced no issues whatsoever.

What could be better about it? The price.