• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillian stocks

adluginb

#1 dad
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Other than watching the classifieds, what online dealers are most affordable when it comes to buying a new stock? I'm looking for a Htg model in forrest camo for a rem.

Also, McMillian lists 2 HTG's. One under tacticsl stocks as the M40A-1 HTG and the HTG listed in hunting stocks? Are these the same stocks?

Thanks

Re: Mcmillian stocks

How do you deal with small voids or airspaces uncovered while inletting? I have quite a few air spaces about the size of a drop of water in the barrel Chanel and action area... I was thinking of just giving it a wipe with some bedding compound?

Lastly, the fiber type fill material in the action area left a pretty rough surface like a 3 day beard with fibers sticking up.. What's the best way to deal with that?

lw8,

Bed the action, and kill 2 birds with one stone. Just a thought.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

It is already bedded by a smith. The bedding is good....it's just that when it was inletted, it uncovered a few holes or air pockets mostly in the barrel Chanel.

There are also a couple in the magazine well area.

I was wondering how to fill them in and get rid of the roughness where the fiberglass type resin didn't cut cleanly.

bugholes was getting some instock I think
Longrangehunting.com or something like that sells some

Google McMillan stocks instock

Third Generation Shooting Supply in El Reno Ok usually has a pretty good selection to choose from and really nice folks to deal with.

24hourcampfire will likely have close to or the best pricing on a McM order.