• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mcree chassis

oneshotkyle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2011
central oregon
i bought a sps varmint in 243 for my son and was considering this chassis for him due to price and adjustability. very simple and looks clean at the same time. weight is not an issue this will be primarily a bench gun for him. another reason i chose this is because i prefer to have the scope as close to barrel as possible and alot of chassis seem to have barrel tubes rising scope way above. is there any place that sells these besides mcree? thanks for looking and any suggestion or comments are greatly appreciated..

kyle

Re: mcree chassis

i went to idaho armory and there picture show the old model stock, that has gap between grip and trigger.

at us tacticle supply they have pictures of the latest model. i didn't realize that you could get with the rigid hand hold or without. can someone tell me if it is removable if i buy it with hand hold and don't like it?

You can configure it any way you want. If none of the stocking dealers have what you want, call Scott directly and tell him what you're looking for...he'll take care of you.

I run 2 of them...one in my 510 Whisper, and the other in my FN SPR. His customer service is second to none as well...great people to deal with.
Steve

They are great

Im super happy with my 2 and will be looking to pick up another shortly

broke down and ordered one online from mcree. they have a McRees Precision G5 TMAG Folding Rifle Stock " Deluxe Special" for 8 bills. Kit includes: G5 TMAG Folding stock finished in FDE/TAN, a 5 rnd 308 mag, Rear Stock Pack and a Rifle Ghillie. This kit is for the REMINGTON 700 Short Action and clones, Only.

im all in now, and cant wait.

kyle

Like many have said you will be extremely happy it is hard to beat the mcree stocks for the price. If you are wondering about wait call them up they are super nice people could tell you how long it might be.

you will like the stock. Here is a pic of my bone stock savage lrp 6.5cm in a mcree. Since this pic the ss5-20 was moved to a different rifle and a razor ebr3 is on it in seekins. Steel plate shot at 950 yds 5 shot.
[img:left]
IMG_20120428_180240-2.jpg
[/img]

I like mine. The stock is very well build and feel very comfortable. The stock pack is a much have accessory when shooting in the cold winter.

Love my Mcrees. Shot this 5 shot group yesterday with the Savage in 6.5 Lapua (the black one) with Mcree chassis at 1110 yds. 4 shots between my two fingers and dropped the 5th shot 5" low. Glasses are for scale.
mcreestwins-1.jpg

259.jpg

258.jpg

260.jpg

MDM,

That is some awesome shooting.
cool.gif
I am putting a 6.5x47 together for myself. Just curious what load you were shooting? Thanks.

Regards, Paul

Thanks. I had to snap a few pics before the guys I was shooting with dirtied up the plate. My load is 40.4 H4350 and 140 Berger vlds jammed .010. 2800 fps. 27" Mcgowen. Max load for this barrel. Mcgowen isn't generally considered capable of the above accuracy, so I'm not sure if its the inherent accuracy of the cartrige or what, but this set up has shot very well from the beginning. I'm going to cry like a baby when this barrel gives up. It's got somewhere close to 1300 rounds through it. Good luck with your build.

mcree arrived tonight and wow. this thing is solid with lots of adjustability. not to mention made in the u.s.a. and that means something.