• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

mcree owners and users

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
mcree users, i wanted to here about your experience with the mcree chassis. pros and cons etc

what your accuracy experience has been and any other pertinent info you would want to pass. i did read the review posted here the other day but thought i would like to here some more details.

what say you?

Re: mcree owners and users

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssnfa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine an Scott has A++++++ customer service skills.
</div></div>

+1
Scott is an awesome guy with a top quality American made product. I had the pleasure of meeting him and sending lead down range with him at our little 2100y shot show shoot. I now have 3 of his chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

what say you? </div></div>

I say buy it. As for accuracy question I can say its sturdy and dependable but not sure any chassis is more accurate than another unless your talking about ergonomics and how you shoot it. In that case there is such a large range of adjustment that it can be made to fit you nearly perfect.

Here is a great review on the McRee chassis by JFComfort for others that may want to read it. It pretty much sums up anything I would say.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3195311#Post3195311

Great products. I own two of Scott`s chassis and highly recommend to my customers. Customer service is great also which makes them even better.

AWESOME!!! Scott is great to deal with super easy to use product. Made a good improvement in accuracy and I would buy more. THe only down side is that mine HATES!! Alpha mags, works great with AI

Not sure if this is the review you say that you have already read, but here's my latest experience with my McRees: Link

What's the barrel channel and recoil lug area look like and what sizes will it accommodate? Any slop in the folder and has there been any noticeable harmonic issues?

Im sure the barrel channel while accommodate just about any barrel as there is an abundance of space to spare in mine. Im sure someone can chime in on the exact specifications.

But as everyone has said, it is a top tier system and you should just go ahead a buy it! Scott is super to deal with and not to mention its about the lowest price out there for a quality chassis.

I run a m24/m40 contour barrel on mine and I am sure it would handle a straight 1.25" untapered barrel. The lug can be any size you want as there is nothing in front of it to be in the way.

I really like mine.

Issues:

One issue is the same with any chassis, weight. If you are wanting a light stock I think the mcree is one of the lighter ones out there but it is no light weight either.

I have run into a issue with the cheek peice not going low enough for all of my ring sizes and I am sure I could send it in to be modified but... I havent as it is working currently with what I am using now.

thanks for all the replies and info fellas. it is appreciated.

one more question....what is the flush cup/sling situation on this chassis? are there any?

As others have already said, Scott makes a great chassis and the CS is top notch, big thumbs up.

He's got a great deal going on currently, $745 for a chassis and 1 mag.

I run a TAB sling with flush cups on my McRee. Its a damn fine stock. Mine is a folder and I've had no problems with it. Simple and durable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ss10ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWESOME!!! Scott is great to deal with super easy to use product. Made a good improvement in accuracy and I would buy more. THe only down side is that mine HATES!! Alpha mags, works great with AI </div></div>

So what is the malfunction with the Alpha mags in a Mcree? Anyone else expirience this?

I put a Savage target action with a 6BR Benchmark barrel in a McRee stock to try my luck at f-class shooting and found that my back is too screwed up to shoot that game but shooting paper off a benchrest set-up it would honestly hold 2" of vertical at 500 yards just like it did in the custom fiberglass stock and I was pretty impressed with it. I just screwed the action in the v-block and it shot great. For my benchrest game it doesn't handle like a glass stock in the rest and bags and I may end up selling it to get another McMillan BR stock but it sure won't be because it doesn't shoot.

Scott is first class all the way and will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you want.

I just got my Mcree chassis. It is a Quality piece. The other reviews do a better job of describing it than I can, but I will say it is Sturdy, Simple and modular. If some part was damaged, or you wanted to change it, you can replace it.
here are some pics of what I got.
DSC02798.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

url]

in2deep
Check out Mcree Precision's websight. Scott makes mods for benchrest and might be able to help you out without the expence and trouble of ordering another stock.

I have two rifles in Mcrees chassis and am very happy. First one made a world of difference in stability when upgrading from the factory HS-Precision. The second I used on a build from scratch. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

savages_mcrees.jpg

Pros: rigidity (especially noted with folding stock), modularness, adjustability, comfort

Cons: every adjustment on the buttstock requires a tool - this doesn't really bother me, but I can see that twisting a knob is more convenient.

My only complaint about the McRee is that due to the construction material, it gets damned hot after sitting in the sun. However, covering the cheekrest area with a boonie or other cloth negates this one complaint. The folding butt isn't a feature I use regularly, but with a Hubble of a USO having the ability to fold the butt out of the way makes it possible to remove the bolt for cleaning.

I've used the Atlas mags with the McRee chassis, and the only issue I had was an inability to seat a full magazine on a closed bolt. But this doesn't seem to be an issue solely with the McRee, as I have seen other more conventional rifles with other manufacturers' bottom metal where the operator opened the bolt to seat the magazine.

Wrap-up? Go McRee, unless you're looking for a spec build.

I have 3 McRee stocks-They are great and do what I need them to do.

"Check out Mcree Precision's websight. Scott makes mods for benchrest and might be able to help you out without the expence and trouble of ordering another stock."

yeah thanks I did get the 3" benchrest forearm and used it to shoot some benchrest and like I said the rifle is plenty accurate but recoils differently than a 'glass stock since it has a higher center of gravity and it's aluminum and since I use a hard front bag the forearm jumps just a bit but this is nit-picking and I shoot it free-recoil since it's a little 6BR and admittedly I am splitting hairs and the stock is great.

Great pics crshep that is pretty much what I have on the way. I have the hand hold though. Alpha mag fit fine in it?

I have 2 Alpha t-2 mags and they both need a tap to get them to lock in. They don't rub on the bolt and feed dummies fine. The mag that came with the chassis seats fine. I can't tell you how they function in a complete rifle yet. I should be getting my new reciever next week, fingers crossed.
Mine came with the rigid handhold too. I wanted to try a monopod so I got the rails from U.S. Tactical, they carry all the Mcree's acessories.

I have 2. One for my Remy for my 510 Whisper and the other for my FN/SPR. Scott used my action to make the prototype chassis for the FN's. The stocks are first class all the way. Exceptionally rigid and very well built. Mark at Short Action Customs got one in to play with as he was on the fence with it originally. I asked him late what his opinion was and he said he would not hesitate to run an action in one...he is VERY impressed with them!

Aside from the quality of the product, Scott is just a first class guy to deal with all around. I feel fortunate to call him my friend. He's a couple hours south of me and we get together from time to time.

Steve

510Whisper.jpg

I just got mine this morning and am super impressed with it. The whole thing is beautifully machined and generally built like a brick shit house.

I got the folder because I do a lot of traveling and there is zero play in it.

So far it seems to be a fantastic bit of kit. Now I just have to get it properly set up and put some rounds down range.

I ordered my second Mcrees Precision MP-MODSS TMAG today. I ordered one of the limited made 2.5" flat front versions. I guess they only make 20 a year. I actually bought number 20 of 20 from 2011. It is going on a 18" suppressed Rem 700 SPS-V.

Again, Scott couldn't have been better. He even called me to make sure he understood EXACTLY what I wanted and he sent me two follow up emails. All over about a 2 day period.

To top it off, the stock was on a UPS truck one day after I ordered it.

MP is the Shnizzle...