• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcree stock cheek piece

tacticalpanda

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
Hi all new here and new to long range shooting. I have caught the bug and am building my first long range gun. I am currently struggling with stock choices right now but looking mainly at the chassis systems

JP enterprises
Mcree
XLR

As well the manners and Mcmillan.

Anyhow. When looking at the Mcree it looks like the cheek piece is metal? I was wondering if it is possible to change it out? I was thinking would the Karsten Adjustable A work instead? Thanks in advance.

Re: Mcree stock cheek piece

No cannot be changed but they do offer a stock park that has a soft pad and works really good. Pm me for some pics and more details.

It's aluminum. I don't see why someone couldn't get a piece of kydex and heat form one to replace it.

Something just in my heads things aluminum might not be comfy having shot mostly AR's and other plastic guns.

PM inbound.

I have a 375 with a mcees and it is very comfortable. I like it quite a bit. Mine came with 4 cheek pieces two lows and two highs left and right handed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zach12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 375 with a mcees and it is very comfortable. I like it quite a bit. Mine came with 4 cheek pieces two lows and two highs left and right handed </div></div>

So is the cheek piece adjustable or do you swap them out? (Sorry if it's a dumb question but still new to this)

I also run my 338 LM in a McRee stock, it's very comfortable. I use a piece of mole skin on the check piece, for when it's cold, it works wonders.

Swap them out. I can't remember there might be some adjustment. Ill look when I get home. The only problem I've had is the grip would vibrate loose some lock tite fixed it right up

I just got my McRees chassis this week and was on the fence because of the way it looked. It "looked" uncomfortable in the photos, but I bought it over an AICS over a few recommendations. I'm glad I did.....it is VERY comfy. And yes...the cheek piece is aluminum.

The cheek piece is very stable (another concern of mine with the screws). It is very cold to the touch after being outside just a few minutes and I can only imagine that it is very hot during the summer. I bought the McRees stock pack and I'm glad that I did. It makes it comfy to the touch.

If I could change one thing about the McRees stock pack, I wish it had that funky pseudo-suede material that Triad Tactical puts on their stock pack. The Triad Tactical pack is so comfy and grippy. The McRees one seems to be comfy too, but I really like the "fabric" on the Triad pack. Other than that, it works perfectly with the cheek piece.

So is the cheek piece adjustable or do you swap them out? (Sorry if it's a dumb question but still new to this)[/quote]

Yes it is an adjustable two piece design. Has a left and right panel. I actually only run one side panel on mine.. And get the stock pack. Its very nice.

you can also put a AR adapter on the back of it and put any kind of AR stock that u like 2

The others have it covered, I'm probably going to make a carbon fiber one for my McCree, just for fun. You can angle the cheek piece if you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrtroubleshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can also put a AR adapter on the back of it and put any kind of AR stock that u like 2</div></div>

Where can I buy the AR adapter?

I think this stock is in first place now. Might be placing the order real soon.

Does anyone know is there a wait time?