• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcrees Precision Stock

-=boone=-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Charleston, WV
I've been doing some reading on this particular stock as it intrigues me. For those of you that actually have the stock your pro and con responses would be greatly appreciated. I think we all know the questions when discussing stocks especially chassis/folders. Thanks.

Re: Mcrees Precision Stock

If you like the modular look....look at the XLR Chassis. I think it might be a few dollars cheaper and in my book looks better. Good luck with the build.

There are several on here who have used the Mcree. They make a robust design that has seen day in and day out use. Would also comment that you need to know what action and bolt you will be using. That might also influence your decision.

Get the Manners.

If I get the Manners then I'll also have to purchase Dbm. Or have the Manners chassis system put into the T2. That's is one of the reasons why I was looking into the chassis. Guess I have a cost analysis to do.

Cheaper doesn't always equal better. Have used the McRee and don't care for the way it feels or the pistol grip or how the rear of the stock is set up. You might want to get a feel on one before buying it.

Yeah, cheaper doesn't always equal better. Also the folding feature isn't standard on the XLR which makes it $150 more expensive.

I just put a Mcree folder on my built 300win mag and absolutely love it. I met Mr Scott Mcree at the international sniper competition at Benning and got to shoot his personal rifle before making the purchase for mine. They have top Notch customer service and excellent products without the extra cost. I favor a pistol grip so it was a real easy decision for me. I plan on using another Mcree chassis for my next build.

I have 1 it works great! Great CS can reach them by phone and they return calls. You can't go wrong with one. I think there great.

Im on the fence as well. While I am not sure I like the look I have shot the Mcree and it does feel pretty good to me. It has a lot of adjustment.

Stock will cost about $750 or less which is a lot less than any other set up. I am getting tired of spending $1200 for a stock!

The Mcree seems to have been proven so I believe it comes down to personal feel and not being cheaper.

I have A-5s, A-4, A-3, AICS, Manners T5A with chassis and a KMW Sentinel. Im not sure there is a clear winner and I believe a Mcree is in the future. Like I said earlier, getting tired of droping $1200 on a stock for every build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 1 it works great! Great CS can reach them by phone and they return calls. You can't go wrong with one. I think there great. </div></div>

+100000 I've been using a McRee for several years now. Remember you can change the pistol grip to any of the several offered for the ar15 to customize your grip.

I moved my Rem 700 in 300 wsm over to my McRees. It's still pre-op for the FTE and I am already happy with the decreased felt recoil, as opposed to my HS stock. You are correct, the built in DBM feature adds to it's worthiness. I am very pleased with mine.

I added a simple Hogue grip upgrade and immediately saw the benefit. The pistol grip was easy for me to adapt to.

I used one of the accessory rails (that came standard with my model) to replace the sling stud for attaching an Atlas bipod. The ability to make length of pull, cheek height, rail option, etc. changes is unparalleled.

Last, but by no means a small bonus. I bugged the hell outta Scott with questions and user induced problems. Having him.... The guy who designed and builds the product... answer the phone and give you straight answers is priceless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Last, but by no means a small bonus. I bugged the hell outta Scott with questions and user induced problems. Having him.... The guy who designed and builds the product... answer the phone and give you straight answers is priceless.</div></div>

Tom Manners will do the same thing. He is also on this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RogueActual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just put a Mcree folder on my built 300win mag and absolutely love it. I met Mr Scott Mcree at the international sniper competition at Benning and got to shoot his personal rifle before making the purchase for mine. They have top Notch customer service and excellent products without the extra cost. I favor a pistol grip so it was a real easy decision for me. I plan on using another Mcree chassis for my next build. </div></div>
I have to agree on the customer service and on what a stand up guy Scott is (as are most of the people in the industry , I by no means want to take away from any one else) , but Scott is good to go. As far as the stock goes forget about saving 200-300 dollars get the one that fits you and your application and you will save double that. With that said the TRG and its stock gets my #1 vote.