MCS-T with a Bartlein #3

chawk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Eastern Shore, MD
I've searched and googled to the best of my ability but haven't come up with anything...

I'm looking for some pictures of an MCS-T with a Bartlein #3 barrel (Krieger #4, Brux #4 would work too). Does anyone have this combo and if so would you be willing to share some pictures?

Thanks.

trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Re: MCS-T with a Bartlein #3

Chawk,

I'm currently having a similar rifle built. Its purpose is a light(er) weight hunting rifle. Most of my rifles are well over 10lbs so I tried to keep this one light and simple. It is as follows:

Chambered in 6.5x47L
MCS-T
Rem700 SA
Tubb recoil lug
Krieger #5 @ 22" (Bull sporter)
Williams BDL bottom metal
NF rail
NF ultralight rings
Scope: Not decided yet

I went with the Krieger #5 because I wanted my barrel to be atleast .720"+ at the finished muzzle diameter. I have a phobia of skinny barrel rifles since I got into tac/comp/Precison shooting. No real driven reason behind it, I just don't like them anymore. This will be a light weight rifle (to me anyway). It should be done in the next 3-5 weeks. I'd be glad to send you a few pics of it if you'd like.

Also, take a look on 24hr Campfire. They have a pretty good picture thread that has tons of rifles with #2 and #3 type barrels in MCS-T style stocks and similar.
If I can be of anymore help to you, just let me know.

chawk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Eastern Shore, MD

Thanks for the info. I checked out 24hr campfire and saw a lot of pictures which did help some... although I didn't find any with an MCS-T and that profile. I'm trying to decide if this barrel profile will look too small for the MCS-T.

I have a build in the works with a similar purpose in mind. A lighter weight hunting rifle...

It was spec'd as:
MCS-T
Rem 700 LA
Bartlein #4 @ 24" (bull sporter)
chambered in 25-06.

My dilemma is, for whatever reason, the barrel that came in to the smith is a #3. I am simply trying to decide if I want to move forward with the #3 or wait for a #4 replacement to be made.

Thanks again.

trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Oklahoma

Chawk,

Most folks around here don't run "skinny barrels" like the #3 your asking about or the #5 that I'm having my rifle built with. With this being a more tactical/precision based forum, 99% of the people here are building rifles with Rem Varmint contours (.830") or larger.

Like I said, 24hr Campfire or Predator Masters will be a much better place to get info and pics.

KPK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Oklahoma

I think the MCS-T would be perfect for a #3. If you want a #4 in a hurry try bugholes.com. He should have Brux in stock and ready to go. If not just stick with the #3 if it's for hunting it would be great I think.

223ai

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2006
Texas

223aihunter.jpg

Pretty close...223ai, 700, McMillan Sako style stock (similar to MCS-T), Brux #3 8 twist, Badger M4 bottom metal, tuned remington trigger.

A NF 2.5-10x32 mil/mil sits on top now, as does a TAB sling. It's my all around hunting rifle...light, accurate, and fun to shoot.

Jo.

Minuteman
Mar 29, 2006
Scandinavia

Not exactly what you're looking for, but should be close.
Factory Remington barrel in 6.5x55 Swedish, Badger M4 and Manners MCS-T.

manners65x55.jpg