• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MCX suppressor question

Ditchdoc01

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2022
North Carolina
Hey all, I have a Sig MCX tacops and a dead air sandman in NFA jail that I am waiting on. My question is, should I use thread locker on the muzzle device for the can? If i remember correctly Dead Air says not to use thread locker but I have seen where the Key-Mo has seized on people and they ended up twisting off the muzzle device with the can if it was not thread locked. I would like to not use thread locker in case I decide to switch to another can or a direct thread. Any input or experience welcome!

Thanks!

Look into Rocksett. Works great for hi temp applications
Yeah I have Rocksett on all of my AR’s with surefire devices for my socom can but thought about trying to not use thread locker in case I switch to another can on the MCX. I know rocksett can be removed it would just make it easier to remove if I didn’t have it on there. I just dont want to skip threadlocker and then go to ratchet the can off and the muzzle device come off with it

contrary to belief, thread locker isn't forever ! It breaks loose at around 550-600 degrees (heat gun or torch). Reason many prefer Rocksett over thread locker because you need water & heat to break it loose...

Reactions: Ditchdoc01
I rocksett my keymo and xeno mounts. though I also rocksett on the keymo device itself to the can, because those can walk loose as well.

end caps I generally just torque tight, not far enough to gall the threads but enough to give it some protection against walking under vibration (same with the e-brakes)

Reactions: Ditchdoc01
I rocksett my keymo and xeno mounts. though I also rocksett on the keymo device itself to the can, because those can walk loose as well.

end caps I generally just torque tight, not far enough to gall the threads but enough to give it some protection against walking under vibration (same with the e-brakes)
so you threadlock the can to the muzzle device? Do you not move your can around?

so you threadlock the can to the muzzle device? Do you not move your can around?
I think he means he threadlocks the keymo ratcheting female part into a suppressor that is compatible with the standard hub style threading, not the actual muzzle brake. The sandman cans have that part welded into them so it can't unthread.