• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Cheekpiece stop collar-pic

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
My Cheekpiece on the ACC has to be lifted slightly to close as it hits the bolt knob on the Impact 737. To make it easier on me to have repeatability, I added a stop collar and a 5/16ID O ring. Puts it right where I need it. I forgot the size as it's metric, ACE didn't have SAE in black. (3/8" SAE) I could have done without the O ring, but I had them.

Thought it might be helpful to post it. In the past I used a stack of rings on the MPA I had.

i use a stack of washers with O rings on the top and bottom. The washers allow me to make incremental increases to find the sweet spot for the correct height. you're method has a much cleaner appearance. Nice.

Thanks! I was going to stack the O rings then thought the stop collar would be cleaner in appearance. I emailed MDT about a weight system for these cheek pieces, similar to the stacking spacers seen on AI's

Reactions: C.R. Adams
Nice solution! Beats the heck out of counting turns of the wheel and thumbing it to death every time I need to pull the bolt.

Do your thumb screws come loose all of the time like mine?

Haven't tightened the flush screws on the opposite side, didn't even think of that. I'll check it out tonight, thanks!

Reactions: acudaowner